What's new

What not to do witha "pocket" cam (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I guess I'm too hard on these, check out the damage, then the dust =(

http://static.flickr.com/55/120988814_a8fe1f3a15_b.jpg

Way to kill a $400 camera....

Still takes great pics tho, anyone wanna make me a deal? =) Gonna have to see what kind of arm and leg Panasonic would charge me to fix it tho.

I definitly treat my 20D like a baby, but this guy I just threw in a pocket for those cases when I needed a fast shot. Guess my next cam will have to have a flippable LCD screen or I will have to treat it more carefully.

Sam

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Another reason I picked up a Canon A610 (with the flippable LCD screen) for my pocket camrea.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

But the 10D/20D's are built like tanks. I toss my 10D in an unpadded backpack and hike with it all the time. I have one small scuff on the top LCD, not a mark on the color LCD.

If you manage to do damage to your 20D screen, you're more likely to just scratch or crack the plastic screen cover, which is user replaceable. You can order a replacement from Canon for about $10. It's got a low-tack adhesive holding it in place, and can be removed with a suction cup.

-Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks