What's new

Free USB drive from MS.. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I saw this posted on a Subaru forum:

http://www.microsoft.com//windowsxp/...p/default.mspx

You do kind of have to register unless you have a hotmail account, then after you register, answer the questions which are '2' and the rest are all 'TRUE' then in 6-8 weeks, MS is supposed to send you a USB drive with crap loaded on it which you can erase pronto. I ordered mine and thought I'd pass this on.

Jay

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
did it say the size of the drive anywhere? i have an OLD 64 mb flash drive that barely works, i'll use the microsoft drove to replace that, to run a few portable apps from. i dont like to use my ipod shuffle, because of the limited amount of reads/writes, i get paranoid. thanks for the link.

CJ

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Nope, it doesn't state the size as far as I've seen, but I gather it must be somewhat decent size since I don't think you can buy a USB drive that is less than 32MBs these days...

Jay

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
tanks for the heads up! this will make me really popular around the office and maybe now people will start treating me with respect :emoji_thumbsup:

Jimi C

Screenwriter

HAHAHA.^

I was going to fill this out untill it dawned on me that the PC I am using has a pirated version of Windows on it.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Cool! By the time it gets here I'll have totally forgotten about it, so it'll be a nice surprise. :) Thanks!

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
How do you know if your submission is successful? I click finish, but it just shoots me to the top of the page, I have all the fields with * filled out. Weird.

Anyway, MS sent me a full, free copy of MS Office 2K3, the $500 package. They must have my name entered from beta test applications as I never submitted it to them anywhere else. Nothing like free, legit, expensive software!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks