What's new

Mutiny On The Bounty On Tcm 2/28 (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I happened to check out TCM's showing of MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY 1962 version this morning. I turned it on at intermission and to my surprise...it was a brand new stunning new transfer!!! It looks like the apsect ratio is similar to BEN HUR. 2.75:1
It must be the one that has been restored for the DVD coming soon. Sadlyy, I only am getting to record the 2nd half.
WOW I've never seen BOUNTY looks so good!!! I hope it is rebroadcast soon so I can get the first half!!!
Even better , the DVD release soon!!!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i'm seeing ringing in a lot of shots, especially along the officers dark suits and the ships rigging...i hope this isn't an inherent quality of the transfer, but it probably is.

man, this a wide film. This is going to make an HD version of it even more essential for me. looking forward to getting this in the Fall.

after years of dismissing this version in favor of the Laughton/Gable one, i've found this one has really grown on me. a Local PBS station ran it several times over a few days a year or two back and i watched, and was caught up in it, each time.

Erik_H

Stunt Coordinator
The Brando "Mutiny" was shown on either HD Net or INHD late last year. It looked splendid in high def.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
It is coming to DVD soon, isn't it?
I TiVo'd it, so I look forward to watching it this week. I've wanted to see it for a long time, but passed on watching it on P&S VHS given its wide AR.

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
I Tivo'd it in HD from HDNet. They have a series called Not Yet on DVD or something like that, and this was shown as part of that series. It looks absolutely spectacular, the colors perhaps a bit oversaturated, but what a show!

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Isn't that a compression artifact, possibly caused by the TV broadcast standard, which is lower quality (bitrate?) than DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks