What's new

Fitted bedsheets? (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
In a big wad? :D

They are almost impossible to fold so I try for fourths and then roll it up from there, but it rarely comes out that neat. Being stretched on the bed usually takes care of any wrinkles... not that today's treated cottons wrinkle that much, anyway.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
My GF has always amazed me with how she folds fitted sheets..... she makes it look easy..... the directions above are very correct..... personally I LOVE messing the sheets up........

Chris Souders

Stunt Coordinator
OK...I'll try it :)

Now, any ideas on how to avoid 'pilling' on the sheets? Certain fabrics to avoid like sateen or something?

Also, do you all think it weird that I vacuum my bed? One night of the cats in my bed leaves too much hair, so I vacuum it...the nurses at work think that's horrendous.

Chris

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I hate folding sheets so much that I wash/dry my sheets and just put them back on the bed that same day.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
On a related topic: I have el cheapo wal mart sheets. They suck, so I want some nice sheets. What should I get? $150 or less.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Egyptian cotton sheets are great! Stay with at least 400 thread count....I personally don't like the "sateen" type..... I prefer the higher count regular cottons. I've had several sets for years with absolutely NO pilling...... Name brand department stores will have some great sheets..... bought my last set (600 count) at TJ MAX for about 70 bucks....

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Be careful - the threads more than 200 count may actually be two sheets sewn together! For example, 600 count sheets may just be 3 sets of 200 count cloth bound together!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks