Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Wireless headhphones - Sirius Sportster

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Jordan Herzlich

Jordan Herzlich

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted January 14 2006 - 01:53 PM

I currently have the Sirius Sportster boombox in our house. But as the antenna is connected to the outside it is difficult and not convenient to move this device around the house. I am considering getting the Sony Wireless 900 MHZ RF Open-Air Headphones from Best Buy.

Does anyone have any experience with these or other wireless headphones in a house with a Sirius boombox or docking station. Is the reception static free? Does other household appliances/electronics interfere with the frequency? Any answers would be appreciated.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Ernie Estrella

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator

• 118 posts

Posted January 15 2006 - 01:59 AM

If you want to really move around the house. Just use your radio transmitter in your Sportster and every radio in the house should be able to tune into Sirius on that channel. You still have to change channels with the Sportster but you can cut your grass (unless youv'e got a huge yard), go to the basement, wherever. The radio has like a 300 feet radius or something like that.

My home dock is in my upstairs office because it has the clearest way to the satellite, but we tune into it from every room we want.

Ernie Estrella
Staff Writer
Pop Culture Shock
http://www.popcultureshock.com

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Jordan Herzlich

Jordan Herzlich

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted January 15 2006 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the information. I had no idea I could get Sirius in other rooms on the regular radios with 88.1 fm. For some reason, my radio in my computer room comes in a little fuzzy as this room is on opposite side of house where Sirius antenna is. My other radios on same side of house as antenna come in great. Any ideas how to get better 88.1 fm reception in this room?

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Jack Fanning

Jack Fanning

Second Unit

• 296 posts

Posted January 16 2006 - 05:52 AM

Quote:
If you want to really move around the house. Just use your radio transmitter in your Sportster and every radio in the house should be able to tune into Sirius on that channel. You still have to change channels with the Sportster but you can cut your grass (unless youv'e got a huge yard), go to the basement, wherever. The radio has like a 300 feet radius or something like that.

I had no idea of this...thanks for the tip!

Everyone in my office is now aware of it and is leeching off of me...lol

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,120 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted January 25 2006 - 09:55 PM

Jordon:

Try changing the channel that you radio uses to transmit the FM. You might be getting interference from a local radio station. Try going from 88.1 to 88.3 and so on until you get the best sounding setup.

Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Brent T

Brent T

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted January 26 2006 - 01:01 AM

I have a sportster in my basement and a starmate in my car. We have every radio in our house dialed into 88.3 and we get great reception except for the one in our shower.

I dont think too many new users are aware you can do this so hopefully some may come here and read this thread.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Steve Blair

Steve Blair

Second Unit

• 380 posts

Posted February 01 2006 - 08:53 AM

Check siriusbackstage.com on this. I saw in the forum there that people were buying a $4.00 set of headphones from radio shack. Then they cut off the headphone and just used the cable for an antenna and were getting great results from a little $4.00 modification...

EDIT: It took me a while to find the link on this but here it is: http://www.siriusbac....36701&start=15