What's new

Wireless headhphones - Sirius Sportster (1 Viewer)

Jordan Herzlich

Auditioning
I currently have the Sirius Sportster boombox in our house. But as the antenna is connected to the outside it is difficult and not convenient to move this device around the house. I am considering getting the Sony Wireless 900 MHZ RF Open-Air Headphones from Best Buy.

Does anyone have any experience with these or other wireless headphones in a house with a Sirius boombox or docking station. Is the reception static free? Does other household appliances/electronics interfere with the frequency? Any answers would be appreciated.

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
If you want to really move around the house. Just use your radio transmitter in your Sportster and every radio in the house should be able to tune into Sirius on that channel. You still have to change channels with the Sportster but you can cut your grass (unless youv'e got a huge yard), go to the basement, wherever. The radio has like a 300 feet radius or something like that.

My home dock is in my upstairs office because it has the clearest way to the satellite, but we tune into it from every room we want.

Jordan Herzlich

Auditioning
Thanks for the information. I had no idea I could get Sirius in other rooms on the regular radios with 88.1 fm. For some reason, my radio in my computer room comes in a little fuzzy as this room is on opposite side of house where Sirius antenna is. My other radios on same side of house as antenna come in great. Any ideas how to get better 88.1 fm reception in this room?

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning

I had no idea of this...thanks for the tip!

Everyone in my office is now aware of it and is leeching off of me...lol

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jordon:

Try changing the channel that you radio uses to transmit the FM. You might be getting interference from a local radio station. Try going from 88.1 to 88.3 and so on until you get the best sounding setup.

Parker

Brent T

Second Unit
I have a sportster in my basement and a starmate in my car. We have every radio in our house dialed into 88.3 and we get great reception except for the one in our shower.

I dont think too many new users are aware you can do this so hopefully some may come here and read this thread.

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Check siriusbackstage.com on this. I saw in the forum there that people were buying a $4.00 set of headphones from radio shack. Then they cut off the headphone and just used the cable for an antenna and were getting great results from a little $4.00 modification...

EDIT: It took me a while to find the link on this but here it is: http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...36701&start=15

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks