Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Ten Little Indians (1965, George Pollock) from Warner on March 14

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy

Producer

• 3,530 posts

Posted December 25 2005 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

Listed HERE at Amazon.com.

CD Universe lists the following:

I wonder which version we'll be getting? If Warner used prime elements, then it might include the gimmick version. Seamless branching would be appropriate here.

So... is this a good movie?

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,875 posts

Posted December 25 2005 - 01:04 PM

I believe that this used to show up on television back in the '70s. My memories of the film are vague at best, but I do recall enjoying it at the time. Not sure if that is really a recommendation, but its probably worth a look. I'll pick it up if the price is reasonable. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy

Producer

• 3,530 posts

Posted December 25 2005 - 01:23 PM

Thanks, Walter. I wonder if we will see other releases that day from Warner; Ten Little Indians just seems to be sitting on its own that day as a catalogue title - and a fairly obscure one at that. Not Warner's usual method of releasing catalogue titles.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Vincent-P

Vincent-P

Second Unit

• 334 posts

Posted December 25 2005 - 02:20 PM

I thought "Ten Little Indians" was supposed to be released the same day as the Miss Marple Collection.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy

Producer

• 3,530 posts

Posted December 25 2005 - 03:06 PM

You're right, Vincent, it is. Ron actually posted the official press release here: Miss Marple

Of course, Ten Little Indians is not a Miss Marple story. Ron's thread didn't show up on my search, unfortunately. Maybe Miss Marple doesn't mean a great deal to people, I don't know, but Ten Little Indians has been a n elusive film over the years. I actually discovered that there were German and Australian releases earlier this year, but their transfer are said to be not that great. Let's hope that Warner deliver a superior disc.

#6 of 11 ONLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,798 posts

Posted December 26 2005 - 06:28 AM

I'll probably pick this up on a bling purchase... I'm a sucker for nicely designed covers. Posted Image

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,738 posts

Posted December 26 2005 - 07:08 AM

There is a version where the main players, at the start, arrive by helicopter. I believe that it is basically a retelling of Christie's original story. What was the title of that one? Or is it this one? At the time, I remember thinking that it was a pretty good movie.
They borrowed Christie's technique, but added a narrator. Christie always created the illusion that her mysteries could be solved; however, the reader could never solve the mystery because Christie always had a piece of evidence that was discovered by the protagonist off of "the stage". At least, I could never solve them. Maybe other readers had better luck. I liked to read her Hercule Poirot stories but the "off stage" gimmick used to piss me off, because I always regarded it as cheating the reader.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   walter o

walter o

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted December 26 2005 - 10:02 AM

I think the helicopter one is the 1974 version with Oliver Reed and Richard Attenbrough, as that too, played on TV throughout the 70's.

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   James Phillips

James Phillips

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted December 27 2005 - 03:36 AM

Yes. It's good fun. Posted Image

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Screenwriter

• 1,247 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted December 27 2005 - 03:37 AM

The helicopter arrival is indeed in the 1974 version (and it's HORRIBLE!) By the way, I wrote that little blurb quoted from imdb. I hope they include the murder minute because it was a lot of fun and I was disappointed when it didn't show up when the movie made the cable rounds a few years ago.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted December 27 2005 - 03:43 AM

I also remember seeing the "Murder Minute" on a TV print in the early 80's. It was a fun film. In fact, I was just thinking of the film a couple weeks ago, after reading about it in Maltin. Wondering whatever happened to it as I hadn't seen it since. I'll be getting the DVD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users