What's new

Looking for cheap Portable DVD Player... (1 Viewer)

Andrew Beckmen

Stunt Coordinator
I got a Pioneer from Best Buy. Reliezed I need one with AV jacks so it could serve double-duty as a DVD player and monitor for my camcorder. It's a pretty cool unit, swiveling screen, plays jpgs and mpgs, DVD-Rs the whole shebang. Was only 130 bucks, and I got the extended warrenty.

mikeSantos

Grip
Go to Walmart or if your willing to wait. Black Friday is around the corner. I'm sure you will get some good deals then.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
What size screen is the Pioneer, Andrew? (I don't see a Pioneer model on their site, and the local store has a very poor portable DVD player selection.)

After looking around a bit, I bought an 8-inch Polaroid from Circuit City:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Polar...oductDetail.do

Have only had it about a week. I needed something which could handle my
DVD-RWs as well as -Rs (lots of models don't seem compatible with -RWs). Plus, I really prefer this black casing to the silver. I considered going for a 9- or 10-inch screen, but after lugging around this 8-inch, I think bigger wouldn't quite be "portable" enough for me. (I'm not using it as a car accessory, but for other uses.)

*edit*
Just found out this player can supposedly play other regions as well. Will have to try when I get home. I popped in a R3 and it wouldn't play, but I'll try the "code" to change to all-region.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks