Photo
- - - - -

Who Here has given up on PSP Stick Video?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,256 posts

Posted September 16 2005 - 06:27 AM

I know I have until they ever allows us to play avi files. Even with the AVC capabilities, the low resolultion, locked in Frame rates, just create to much blur, ghosting and red fringing that it gives me a Headache to look at the thing. UMD Video is of course excellent. I may have to look into another PMP to use my Xvid files.. How about you still using memory stick video?
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#2 of 5 RichardK

RichardK

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted September 16 2005 - 07:23 AM

I havent messed around with it in months. At first it was cool and fun, now...not so much. At least i have a 512mb stick for my digital camera though.

#3 of 5 Ian_Fisher

Ian_Fisher

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted September 16 2005 - 07:29 AM

I have a 512MB stick as well, and I'm able to get a 2 hour feature film on there with pleanty of room left over and really good quality. Not DVD quality, but really good. Good enough that I still have yet to buy a movie on one of those UMD discs.
Ian M. Fisher
fisheim@yahoo.com

#4 of 5 Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted September 16 2005 - 08:02 AM

Quote:
I know I have until they ever allows us to play avi files. Even with the AVC capabilities, the low resolultion, locked in Frame rates, just create to much blur, ghosting and red fringing that it gives me a Headache to look at the thing.

Dave:

Are your results the same whether you use PSP Video 9 v1.71 or AutoAC 0.17?

I bought a 1GB stick a few months back, but I haven't gotten around to transferring any video files onto it.

#5 of 5 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,256 posts

Posted September 16 2005 - 10:24 AM

It really isn't the Fault of the encoding Software it's more in the limitations of the device with regard to memory stick video, the 29.97 framerate, combines with the low refresh on the LED and the lowered resolutions to provide an image that's less than optimal.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users