Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Honda CR-V...Opinions?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   SteveLa

SteveLa

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted July 23 2005 - 07:09 PM

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a new vehicle soon and I'd pretty much decided to go with a smaller sized SUV. The two models I'd been looking at until now were the Chevy Equinox and the Hyundai Tucson. However, I got a look at some of the CR-V's on the Honda lot when I went with my mom to get her deal on a new Civic. The review from Consumer Reports is outstanding and the interior looked nice from the outside. The other thing that floored me was the resale value on the Hondas. My mom got $3K for her five year old Civic with 117K miles. So tell me, does the CR-V deliver the goods...are the kudos for it well deserved?

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,938 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted July 24 2005 - 05:42 AM

I have a friend who has one - a 2002 I think - and he seems very happy. I've never heard him complain about it.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted July 24 2005 - 06:57 AM

I have a 2004 one and I love it. Handles extremely well, and I'm sure all the kudos are well-deserved.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted July 24 2005 - 01:54 PM

my girlfriend's parents have an 02 crv, and they seem happy with it. i drove it when we had to pick them up from the airport, it seemed to handle pretty well, and had decent pickup. also the interior was (no offense to honda owners) better than most hondas ive seen. i get the feeling that i'm in a rental car when i'm in my girlfriend's 02 civic, it just feels very temporary. the door panels feel hollow, you can hear every noise when you hit a bump. it's no secret that honda makes reliable automobiles, i'm just not a fan of the presentation sometimes. if i were in the market for a smaller suv in that class, i'd definitely buy the crv. CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,996 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted July 24 2005 - 03:33 PM

Runs great and drives nice (I have a 2004), but it's a pretty rough ride and fit and finish doesn't seem to be the greatest. Some peeves with mine: --The driver's door doesn't seem to fit snugly in its frame. Everytime I hit a bump in the road, it seems to flex/rub where the top gasket meets the frame, and makes noises. Annoying at first, but I've learned to ignore it now. --A cup holder that doesn't like to open or retract smoothly. --A glove compartment that doesn't close tightly. When driving with the lights on at night, the light keeps flashing on and off as whenever you hit a bump and the door jiggles (the light only comes on when the vehicle's parking/headlights are on, so there's no danger in running down the battery.) --An interior cargo light that doesn't always go off when the tailgate closes (the switch was set correctly, I checked it several times). I finally just shut it off manually by the switch after looking out my window a couple nights and seeing the interior of my vehicle illuminated. --Various squeaks and noises presumably caused by the aforementioned vibrations from the rough ride. But other than cosmetic/noise issues, it's been very dependable and fun to drive. Not bad on gas for an SUV type vehicle, either. I get about 24 MPG.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Alex S

Alex S

Second Unit

• 480 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 05:23 AM

You can't go wrong with a Honda. Out last 6 cars have been Honda's. We just bought a new Honda Odyssey. It's a V6 that converts to a V3 when you're cruising or slowing down. It gets 20 / 28 MPG.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Brad_Harper

Brad_Harper

Stunt Coordinator

• 132 posts

Posted July 25 2005 - 06:12 AM

The CRV is very very under powered. Load that thing up and it struggles. I don't find the interior that appealing. As for the realiability; any car is realiable if you take care of it. I would buy the Equinox myself. It has a V6 and seems to have a more flexible interior. Plus with GM's discount these days the price is right. Sometimes I don't think the domestic brands get their fair shake quaility wise. I have seen just as many crappy Honda's and Toyota's as any domesitic brand. Test drive them all regardless and pick the one you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users