-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

PSP owners: Sandisk 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo $99.99 (in stock)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted June 12 2005 - 02:16 AM

As of this posting, real-time inventory shows 21 units still available. I just ordered one. Handling fee is $5 though. Posted Image

eCost link

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

• 1,107 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted June 12 2005 - 05:37 AM

That seems like a good price. Have you ordered from Ecost before? I haven't so I checked them out at resellerratings.com and they weren't well reviewed. Can you report back after you receive your memory stick? Thanks, Keith
As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Greg Madsen

Greg Madsen

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted June 13 2005 - 09:28 AM

Save some $ at Amazon. Cheaper plus no handling fee. Not currently in stock though.

Edit: Sorry, this is not the exact same item.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted June 13 2005 - 10:51 AM

IIRC, that stick will NOT work in PSP units. You need a memory stick duo or pro duo, but just a memory stick pro will not work. Besides, it's not even in stock. I think I'll spring the extra $5 + S&H to actually be able to get it. --Mark--

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted June 16 2005 - 06:43 AM

This is my first (and probably last) order with eCost. The problem is not with eCost, but with their choice of shipper, UPS.

Good news (and bad).

The memory stick arrived at my workplace today and the blister is intact.

I've received my fair share of damaged shipping boxes in the past, but the one that arrived today takes the cake. The underside of the box had a gap* (as if someone stepped on it - literally) so huge that packing tape had to be used to prevent the contents (memory stick and packing slip) from falling out. All four sides of the box were crushed. Clearly, this was UPS' fault. I've been highly critical of UPS' service in the past, but today's shipment will leave anyone wondering how or why they're still in business. The lack of professionalism and accountability of their service is simply astounding. Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 09:30 PM

Ken, you are absolutely right. I am amazed at how huge and financially successful UPS is considering their very poor service. I write video game reviews for a website part-time and even though we got good rates with UPS, we stopped using them very quickly. Packages were lost, sent to the wrong addresses, arrived in terrible condition, etc. Your case is not in a class by itself; I'd advise everyone to avoid UPS whenever possible.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   elMalloc

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted June 25 2005 - 08:38 AM

i agree, avoid UPS!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator

• 249 posts

Posted June 25 2005 - 05:30 PM

They have a nickname from me. I call them F*** UPS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users