Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Feedback on PCMall.com & Related Entities (eCost.com, OnSale.com, & MacMall.com)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Jeff Meyers

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 02:21 PM

Has anyone purchased any HT products (especially Denon factory refurbished) from any of these e-tailers? If so, were you satisfied with the quality of the products and the service you received? I've looked at various consumer ratings on these entities, but I'd still like to get some opinions from HTF members. I'm looking to pick-up a Denon Receiver and Denon's web-site lists these entities as "Denon Authorized E-Commerce Dealers" for factory refurbished / reconditioned products. I'm considering the refurbished 1905 / 785S or the 2105 / 885S from one of these entities (some of the prices vary from entity to entity). Thanks!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Nathan_R

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor

• 719 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 07:41 AM

I purchased a DVM-4800 from eCost a few years ago. They did their part-- the item was shipped to me in a timely manner. They don't accept returns, so be prepared right off the bat to deal with Denon's Customer Service directly. My player arrived in crushed styrofoam and required a firmware update. Let's just say that eventually I was satisfied-- but it took a great of teeth-pulling. So far, I'm not impressed with Denon's refurb program as a whole. My experience echos many other opinions I've read across AVS and other forums. Now, with that said, my past experience didn't stop me from ordering a refurb'd DVD-2900 this morning from onsale.com. Unfortunately, my expectations of another refurb'd Denon are pretty low.
...just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care.

GeorgiaHDTV.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users