What's new

Feedback on PCMall.com & Related Entities (eCost.com, OnSale.com, & MacMall.com) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Has anyone purchased any HT products (especially Denon factory refurbished) from any of these e-tailers? If so, were you satisfied with the quality of the products and the service you received?

I've looked at various consumer ratings on these entities, but I'd still like to get some opinions from HTF members.

I'm looking to pick-up a Denon Receiver and Denon's web-site lists these entities as "Denon Authorized E-Commerce Dealers" for factory refurbished / reconditioned products. I'm considering the refurbished 1905 / 785S or the 2105 / 885S from one of these entities (some of the prices vary from entity to entity).

Thanks!

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I purchased a DVM-4800 from eCost a few years ago. They did their part-- the item was shipped to me in a timely manner. They don't accept returns, so be prepared right off the bat to deal with Denon's Customer Service directly. My player arrived in crushed styrofoam and required a firmware update. Let's just say that eventually I was satisfied-- but it took a great of teeth-pulling.

So far, I'm not impressed with Denon's refurb program as a whole. My experience echos many other opinions I've read across AVS and other forums.

Now, with that said, my past experience didn't stop me from ordering a refurb'd DVD-2900 this morning from onsale.com. Unfortunately, my expectations of another refurb'd Denon are pretty low.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks