What's new

Stupid things people do..... (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
A lot of us are sometimes prone to stupid things but I have this neighbor who ..........

recently mowed his yard on an old snapper mower, with his 4 year old daughter sitting in his lap asleep, with arms and legs dangling.....

Bought a new riding mower and a canopy, then hauled it down the highway at regular speeds and ranted when the canopy blew apart and was flopping around behind the trailer when he got home...

The other day, we were both mowing our yards.... he got through before I did, then proceeded to mow into my yard to help me finish..... he normally scalps his yard.... so now you know what the curly cue streaks are in my yard......

Most things this guy does are funny /stupid things but endangering his child is downright criminal /stupid......

Colton

Supporting Actor
Parents that pile their kids in the back of a pickup truck seems stupid/dangerous to me. My dad witnessed an accident that cost the lives of several children who were riding in the back of a pickup truck when it lost control on a highway and flipped several times.

- Colton

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
A girl in front of me this AM was driving while putting on makeup and talking on her cell phone at the same time....as I drifted waaaaaaay back. If she'd have been Italian, she'd have been in a world of hurt. ;)

Mort

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget dogs that are scared out of their minds. I want to pull these morons over and smack them silly.

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Just yesterday, coming home from work, there was a lady really riding my bumper bad. I mean I could not see her front bumper. I proceeded to tap my brakes and she just went nuts. She started swerving all over the place getting all upset with me, cursing every word imaginable. I was going fast enough to be passing cars and this women wanted to go even faster.

She finally gets up next to me, rolls down her window and proceeds to yell at me while at the same time going all over the road. It is at this time I notice an infant in her front seat:angry: . #1 that baby should have been in the back of this SUV and #2 she had no regard for this baby's safety with the way she was driving.

This just made me so mad, I was trying to think of something I could do at the time to get her in trouble for this, but could not think of anything at the time.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

Calling 911 on her ass would have done it. Suspected DUI and endangering an infant. :)

But I am the sole remaining person in the Western Hemisphere who doesn't have a cell phone, so I couldn't have done anything in your situation either.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
mom riding on the pasenger side with their baby on their lap with no seat belt.

driving too close to the stirring wheel. imagine what would happen if that air bag deploy?

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

Were you blocking the left lane? I know that doesn't justify her actions, but I know that a lot of people get upset by left-lane campers.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Is the "fast lane" just a myth? My wife bugs me if I ever "go the speed limit" in the left lane because that's the "fast lane" for people who want to do 95 in a 65. Are cops wise to this? Is this a valid excuse to speed? I need clarification.

- Colton

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This is true. You really aren't supposed to drive (for extended periods of time) in that lane other than to pass a car. Cops can give you a ticket for "Driving in the left hand lane", but they usually don't enforce that law.

Case in point, a friend of mine got caught for speeding and the cop didn't want to give him just a warning, so he gave him a "Driving in the left hand lane" ticket instead of a speeding ticket becuase it was cheaper.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
No, breaking the speed limit is against the law. However, obstructing traffic by going slower than the flow of traffic in the left lane is also illegal (again, in most states). Essentially, all those people speeding in the left lane are breaking one law, but if you go over there and travel the speed limit and hold them up, you are breaking another law (more dangerous IMO). If you want to break no laws, then travel only the speed limit, but stay out of the left hand lane. Problem solved.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
It depends on where you are. Here, out on the open high-way, the left lane is the passing lane/fast lane. But in town interstates and places where there are many lanes but also stop lights, etc (40 - 50 mph in-town divided roads, and in suburbia) those rules pretty much dont apply.

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
That's just it. I was speeding, I will give you that. But I was following the person in front of me in the left lane, so I couldn't go anywhere and the right lane was full of cars also. If I somehow could have got out of her way, there would be the car in front of me and the car in front of that person etc... It was relatively heavy traffic.

And this was in town, not on an interstate or hwy. So here where I live the passing lane is only for interstate roads. You can easily drive in either lane as slow as you want within reason of course. Just thinking of the situation still gets on my nervs. If the idiot women was just putting herself in danger and not the infant and other people on the road, by all means kill yourself lady. But that is never the case when you drive on the road. You always have other people's lives in your hands everytime you get behind the wheel. That is why you are not allowed to drive as fast or as reckless as you want. You could kill anyone at any time.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Stupid driving is so common that I think it's more unusual to drive anywhere and NOT see it. I just got home from going to pick up a package, and I'm driving in a two lane road (one lane both ways). As it reaches an intersection it widens, and there's a left turn only lane, a go-straight middle lane, and a right turn only lane.

Now, there's a driver in front of me. As we approach the intersection, where there's a green light, she's in the middle lane. As she gets closer she starts swerving back and forth, and finally ends up in the left turn only lane, from which she proceeds to turn on her right turn blinker, and pull halfway back into the middle lane. This blocks me, and I have to come to a stop until this idiot finds that she can manage to make a right turn from a left turn only lane!

It's time's like that when I fantasize about being cop in an unmarked car so I can pull over these idiots and stick it to them. As it is all I can do is honk my horn to hopefully communicate to them that they're doing something stupid, but I doubt if she had the mental acuity to process it properly.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
"The fast lane"- I know some states have this law posted
on major interstates- "Keep right except to pass". I thought Pennsylvania passed this law within the last
few years, but I haven't noticed any signs on any major
roads yet.

The lady who was tailgating with an infant in the car
should be sentenced to a lobotomy. If she wants to hurt
herself with stupid driving, that's up to her, but when
she has passengers with her and she does this, it's
totally irresponsible. I have no patience for people
who ride my bumper- I'll hit the brakes fairly hard, and
most times that backs them off.

Here's another thing about driving that steams my clams-
people who don't use turn signals. Talk about selfish
and rude behavior.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I saw something a few years back that scared the hell out of me.

My neighbor was kind enough to offer my brother and I a lift to Lynnwood, which is about a good 25 miles north of Seattle, to get a part for my brother's car from a used parts dealer.

As we were going through the heavy downtown traffic area on I-5, I noticed a woman a couple of lanes to our right, who was swerving. I mentioned this to my neighbor, who eyed the traffic to see if he could find any "holes" in case she swerved our way.

Was she drunk? I don't know.

She had her rearview mirror askew, and was putting on mascara.

What's worse, she was doing this as she was tailgating a tanker truck. If I recall, it was a Texaco truck.

My neighbor's eyes got huge, and I pointed this out to my brother, whose jaw just about hit the floorboards.

We looked at one another, and said in unison to our friend, "F*&k the speeding ticket we'll help you pay it, let's just get the hell out of here!"

Colton

Supporting Actor
Something I've seen regularly (mostly with teenage girls) is to have their left foot propped up on the dashboard / door while they are driving. Makes me furious! :angry:

- Colton

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
A buh? The driver with the right foot on the pedals, and the left foot propped up out the window?

Now I can't get the HIDEOUS CRUNCHING and CRACKING sounds that would result from a collison (or, gods help them, an air bag deployment) out of my head!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks