What's new

New Eagles DVD in June! (1 Viewer)

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
The Eagles: Farewell Tour Live in Melbourne due for release on 13th June '05 - looks pretty impressive!
Here's the blurb from my local DVD etailer ...

The phenomenally successful music of the Eagles has been like a soundtrack to the lives of a whole generation and they are still finding new audiences.
This concert includes all the Eagles greatest hits and was recorded on 14,15 and 17th of November 2004 in Melbourne during their sell-out Farewell I tour.

Tracklisting Disc 1:

1. The Long Run
2. New Kid In Town
3. Wasted Time
4. Peaceful Easy Feeling
5. I Can't Tell You Why
6. One Of These Nights
7. One day At A Time
8. Lyin' Eyes
9. The Boys Of Summer
10. In The City
11. Already Gone
12. Tequilla Sunrise
13. Love Will Keep Us Alive
14. No More Cloudy Days
15. Hole In The World
16. Take It To The Limit
17. You Belong To The City
18. Walk Away
19. Sunset Grill

Disc 2:

1. Life's Been Good
2. Dirty Laundry
3. Funk#49
4. Heartache Tonight
5. Life In The Fast Lane
6. Hotel California
7. Rocky Mountain Way
8. All She Wants To Do Is Dance
9. Take It Easy
10. Desperado

Technical Details
Actors Eagles
Certificate Exempt from Classification
Year 2004
Languages English - Dolby Digital (5.1) ; DTS
Duration 3 hours 53 minutes (approx)

Yes please! Paul
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Sounds great! I had an inkling something like this was coming, as a contact at Warner Music hinted that a cool Eagles project would come soon. I look forward to it!

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
JordanS - With a potential set list as long as The Eagles I dare say we all will be disappointed over certain fav tracks which arent included however "The Last Resort" (one of my favs too btw) is one of the stand out tracks on their Hell Freezes Over DVD
The set list on this new DVD has some classics mixed up with solo stuff from Don H / Joe W etc and combined with HFO will definately keep me happy for many years ... Paul ;)
PS If the new DVD sounds half as good as HFO it should be amazing!

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I saw the Eagles during this tour. It was definently a hits (Eagles & Solo) set list. In my opinion, the Joe Walsh tunes were the highlight of the show. I'm glad to see a DVD of this show out. Definently a buy for me.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I saw this show in Montreal back in March. Was a great show (though I'd have liked them to do Witchy Woman--guess we all have faves that don't make it). My wife is a huge fan, so this, coupled with HFO will keep her happy for some time, I should think.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
June 13 isn't far away - will this release be everywhere that date, including Region 1?

HFO is great, but it would be good to get an Eagles concert originally shot in Hi-Def, which I'm hoping this one would be.

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
Glenn - The new DVD is listed for release at amazon.com on 14th June '05 so only 1 day after the date my UK etailer has so it appears to be a world wide release on or about the same day ... Paul ;)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I saw Henley solo last September and he did it then - dunno if he always plays it and will do it during his shows with Stevie Nicks this summer, though...

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I saw this show in both New orleans and again in Biloxi and they were both great, weather or not it is really their Farewell tour we will all have to wait and $ee ;)

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
I read on another Eagles thread that the line up changed from the HFO DVD era and understand that in 2004 the line up included Henley Frey Walsh & Schmit but that Don Felder had left the band a few years before (?) I presume they brought in someone new ? Can anyone advise what the full line up was for the 2004 tour ?
TIA ... Paul ;)

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

Do you know exactly why he left? Was there bad feelings or did he just not wanna do another go-around?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Now to sound ungrateful, but I was really looking forward to a studio album with all new material.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My copy arrived in the mail yesterday. I wholeheartedly recommend this DVD to any Eagles fan. I've only watched the first disc, listening to the DTS track, so far, but the audio quality and performance are both very good. The DTS mix does place some of the instruments in the rear channels, though, which I'm not a big fan of. I have yet to listen to the PCM track.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
This is a must buy for any Eagles fan. Great picture, DTS and song selection. Watch for Joe Walsh sticking his face in front of the camera during a Henley song. My wife and I were laughing our asses of!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks