What's new

Pioneer Elite owners - reliability of 56TXi ? (1 Viewer)

DaveBlairW

Auditioning
A local authorized Pioneer Elite dealer is offering a good deal on the Elite 56TXi receiver.

The specs for the 56TXi would lead one to believe it should be a robust design with very good sonics. But, a competing dealer shared some critical thoughts on the Elite receivers - especially the reliability and longevity of these Pioneer designs.

I could use all the objective input possible from both current and past owner of Elite receivers. What are the strong points here? What specific issues did you experience, if any, with reliability of the Elite receivers?

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
None, still going strong. You have a 2yr warranty on the unit(3yr in Canada) and if your worried you could always buy an extended warranty, which may run you $50 for piece off mind. These units are built like a tank. If you got http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/pna...231241,00.html you find a link to a pdf review of the unit. The only gripe the reviewer had was the weight and size of the unit.

Kevin

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
These are very solid receivers. It seems like the dealer in question might have a bone to pick with Pioneer, which led to the comments.

Ron T

Stunt Coordinator
They don't sound as good as a NAD or or Arcam but they are reliable.

DerrikW

Stunt Coordinator
Like everybody already mentioned, they are very reliable and built like a tank.

The dealer probably didnt' sell PE so he was talking them down to try to get you to buy one of his. Dealers have a tendency to do that.

skip marr

Stunt Coordinator
Ron T

Tell me more about NAD and Arcam. Personal experience? HT or music, or both? What speakers do you recommend?

Thanks

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Ive had my 56TXi for about 4 months now. Never a problem. SOunds great with my Klipsch speakers.

My biggest gripe is the remote, a receiver thats lists for $1500 should come with a good universal remote. I actually use my Comcast remote as my main remote. It controls the volume of the reciever as well as the TV and of course changing channels.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Have one from '94. Never an issue with it.
Have three friends with them 35tx,(2)and 36tx 2-1/2 yrs. no problems.

Not as good as Mark Levinson though. :rolleyes

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Elite 45TX for about 2 years now. Works great for movies. Never a problem. I have dedicated speakers for stereo music and looking to find a stereo pre-amp.

Conlusion, Elite 45TX great for movies so so for music. Although it was pretty good going up against the Lexicon DC-2 which I'd owned for about 6 months. I would say it was about 9/10 compared to the Lexicon DC-2 V4.0 for music.

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
please bear in mind that when someone states that a receiver or speakers or whatever sound better or are better...it is ONLY their opinion....i also have that receiver and am more then thrilled with it...its a very user friendly solid receiver...compare and review a few and make up your own mind..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks