Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

B&K Reference 50 and 200.7 with B&W 600 series

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   BillyJClark

BillyJClark

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted February 02 2005 - 01:04 AM

I have been in the market for separates for the last several months, so I have done quite a bit of shopping, but I was hoping that someone out there could provide me some feedback on how B&K components sound with B&W speakers. None of my local shops sell both B&W and B&K. The speakers the amps will be pushing are: Mains - DM604 S3 Center - LCR600 S3 Surr(4) - DM601 S3 Sub - SVS PC+ 20/39 Any input on the sound quality of this combination would be greatly appreciated....and, if anyone knows of a shop in the Dallas, TX area that sells both of these brands, let me know.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Roger Kaufmann

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted February 02 2005 - 01:55 AM

I run a Ref 50 and Earthquake Cinenova Grande 5 channel amp with B&W speakers. My current setup is: HTM1 Center Channel Matrix 805's Left & Right Some NHT Dipoles as surrounds. I really like this setup, the speakers have never sounded better. However I intend to upgrade to Nautilus 804s and use the 805s as my surrounds. Due to room size I will stay with a 5.1 system. Personally I think the Ref 50 does a fine job with B&Ws although I don't have experience with the B&Ws you are looking at. Cheers,
R. Kaufmann
My DVD Profiler Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users