Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What's up with WTVJ and WFOR in South Florida??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Dean_L

Dean_L

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted January 30 2001 - 04:36 AM

These two stations have twice delayed broadcasting in HDTV since last year. I was hoping to see the Superbowl on WFOR. They were supposed to be online Dec. 31, 2000. Now, it looks like May, 2001. WTVJ also had a similar push-back of the date.

Does anyone in South Florida know what's going on? I'm purchasing a HDTV decoder in March-April and would love to see HDTV with my locals here soon.

Dean

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Roger Clark

Roger Clark

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted January 30 2001 - 04:49 AM

Have you tried emailing them and asking? I would like to know what they have to say also, it would have been nice to see the Superbowl in hidef....

Roger

System: Denon 3808CI, Samsung HL67A750, Toshiba XA2, JVC HR-5400U SVHS
DirecTV H-20, Phase Linear 8000 Turntable
Polk RT2000P mains, Polk CS350 Center, Polk F/X 500i Dipole Surrounds
SVS PC13-Ultra Subwoofer, Pronto Remote

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Gary_E

Gary_E

Second Unit

• 370 posts

Posted January 30 2001 - 11:21 AM

Dean,
I believe WTVJ is almost ready to relocate to a new tower at the Dade/Broward line. Here in Broward I can't receive WTVJ on 6 or UHF. They want the Broward/Palm Beach market badly, so I suspect it won't be too long before they're up and running from the new tower.

-Gary

------------------

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Dean_L

Dean_L

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted January 31 2001 - 04:30 AM

I've emailed both several times. Each time, I have not been responded to. ARGH!! Posted Image

By the way, do you know where the WTVJ Tower is located? Is it on site at their new broadcasting location? I sure hope so! I'm moving to western Coral Springs in two months. I'd like to think I'll have a solid signal from there.

Thank you for the replies!

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted March 29 2001 - 03:59 AM

Does anyone get HDTV in the south palm beach area? I did a search but could not find any info for this area.

------------------

Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.
Posted Image 3EMS Hometheater

THE LOFT

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   BrianM

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted March 29 2001 - 04:16 AM

Michael, I get two HDTV stations in Boca Raton. WSVN which is worthless and ABC which has about 3-4 hours of HDTV a week. I have friends in Boynton Beach who can not pick up either of these two stations- it must depend on the size of your antenae. Supposedly CBS (WFOR) will be up May 1st.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted March 29 2001 - 06:33 AM

Thanks Brian. It's really annoying that we can't get HDTV especially since Adelphia really sucks. I only get about one day a week of desent feed from them. The rest of the time it's raining in my living room. I don't know why I'm still paying them. It would be nice to be able to get HDTV ota but I guess I'll just have to wait. I have Directv but thank god I made the jump to dvds last year.

------------------

Posted Image 3EMS Hometheater

THE LOFT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users