Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Shirley Temple UK Boxset, colourised only !?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Derek_McL

Derek_McL

Second Unit

• 316 posts

Posted October 06 2004 - 10:13 AM

According to DVD Times 20th Century Fox in the UK are releasing a boxset of five Shirley Temple films but it appears they are colourised only editions ?! I'm praying this isn't true, its a dreadful waste and an insult to the star who saved Fox from disappearing into a financial black hole in the 30s. Play contradicts this saying they are in black and white. Does anyone know whats going on here ?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,464 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted October 07 2004 - 01:09 AM

This is snipped straight from the Fox press release:

"The collection features colourised versions of six of her legendary films released from 1935 to 1940 including Heidi, The Stowaway, Captain January, Poor Little Rich Girl and Our Little Girl, all for the first time on DVD!"

Yuck!
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mark Oates

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor

• 874 posts

Posted October 07 2004 - 02:07 PM

I've posted a review here

They're apparently mastered from 1986 colorized videotape masters.
J Mark Oates
Do Not Be Afraid. That sound is simply my mind boggling.