Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Arrested Development out October 19th

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 of 41 Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 07:30 AM

Here's the official specs:

Quote:
Arrested Development: The Complete First Season also debuts on 10/19 (SRP $39.98) on 3 discs, including the unaired pilot episode, audio commentary tracks, deleted/extended scenes, audio of original songs, behind-the-scenes featurettes, video of The Museum of Television & Radio Q&A (with creator Mitchell Hurwitz and the cast), promos, Easter eggs and more.

Woohoo! So to all Arrested Development fans, get out there in October and Gobias some DVDs to support the show.

Danny Federici, we'll meet you in the land of hope and dreams

#2 of 41 LorenzoL

LorenzoL

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 07:39 AM

This was pretty much a given as Fox is trying for people to watch this show.

#3 of 41 Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 07:54 AM

I am all over this!!! As a huge fan of the show, I know that you can easily miss jokes as they come almost one on top of the next. And there seems to be some decent extras. SOLD!
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#4 of 41 Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 08:41 AM

I knew this was coming so i'm not in total excitement as I would be if t had been a surprise but i'm really we ghappy we have an official date. Yes!!!!

#5 of 41 MattGSmith

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 09:03 AM

Does anyone know if they will be unedited, or will have the bleeps like how the show aired?

#6 of 41 Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 09:03 AM

Excellent. Been waiting for a date on this. Definitely a must-buy for me on release date. Hoping that most of the cast participates in the extras since they all seem to love working on the show.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#7 of 41 Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,930 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 09:11 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know if they will be unedited, or will have the bleeps like how the show aired?

I hope they keep the beeps. It just seems funnier that way.

#8 of 41 NeilK

NeilK

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 09:24 AM

Having the choice to watch the show with or without beeps would be key. Either way, i'm sold. They'll probably go with the beeps, as they create comedic moments in and of themselves - also, it might be more tasteful.

#9 of 41 Stephen Ford

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 10:21 AM

Our news item from early May listed a late-summer DVD release for the first season of the show. Well, it's not in late summer, but October 19th isn't that far away. The 3 disc set will contain all 22 episodes (491 mins) of the show, and will sell for a suggested price of $39.98 US. The presentation will include an anamorphic widescreen transfer (1.78:1), and English Dolby Surround audio, with English, French and Spanish subtitles. If you haven't caught this show yet, you can watch the DVD set before the November 7th return of the series, now entering its second season.

Disc 1
Episodes: Creator's Cut Pilot (unaired), Pilot, Top Banana, Bringing Up Buster, Key Decisions, Visiting Ours, Charity Drive.
Introduction by Ron Howard
Commentary by creator Mitchell Hurwitz, directors Joe Russo and Anthony Russo and actor Jason Bateman on "Creator's Cut Pilot"
Deleted/Extended scenes: Top Banana, Bringing Up Buster, Key Decisions, Visiting Ours
Breaking Ground: Behind the Scenes of Arrested Development
Original songs by David Schwartz (29 songs - audio only)

Disc 2
Episodes: My Mother the Car, In God We Trust, Storming the Castle, Pier Pressure, Public Relations, Marta Complex, Beef Consomme, Shock and Aww.
Commentary by creator Mitchell Hurwitz and actors Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor, and David Cross on "Beef Consomme."
Deleted/Extended scenes: My Mother the Car, In God We Trust, Storming the Castle, Marta Complex, Beef Consomme, Shock and Aww.
The Museum of Television & Radio: Q&A with Creator Mitchell Hurwitz and the cast of Arrested Development.

Disc 3
Episodes: Staff Infection, Missing Kitty, Altar Egos, Justice is Blind, Best Man for the Gob, Whistler's Mother, Not Without My Daughter, Let Them Eat Cake.
Commentary by creator Mitchell Hurwitz and actors Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor, and David Cross on "Let Them Eat Cake."
Deleted/Extended scenes: Staff Infection, Missing Kitty, Altar Egos, Best Man for the Gob.
TV Land - "Arrested Development: The Making of a Future Classic"
TV Land Awards - The Future Classic Award
Ron Howard Sneak Peek at Season 2
Arrested Development Promo "Blind"
Easter Egg - Tobias Outake

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=1930

Boc art at above link.

#10 of 41 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,271 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted July 20 2004 - 10:51 AM

What, no featurette on the first Marta??? Posted Image
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#11 of 41 Adam_ME

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

• 930 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 10:59 AM

1.78:1 aspect ratio is good to hear. Anyone know if the episodes will be presented in the correct order in the box set?
I should really learn to knock....in case there's a threesome going on in my bedroom. - Sandy Cohen, The O.C., The Countdown

My DVD Collection

#12 of 41 Anthony Clifton

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator

• 157 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 12:41 PM

Oh, this is awesome news. Thanks for posting. I had a feeling Fox would release prior to the start of Season 2.

#13 of 41 Gabe D

Gabe D

Screenwriter

• 2,173 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
Anyone know if the episodes will be presented in the correct order in the box set?
It looks like it. The Julia Louis-Dreyfus episodes are put in the right place.

The extras don't list the "live from prison" intros from the New Year's Eve marathon, which means I won't be able to toss all of my home recordings.

I agree that the bleeps are an integral part of the comedy.

#14 of 41 Chris:L

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 02:36 PM

Ron Howard produced this show and is Henry Winkler a regular cast member? I think I might buy this show.

#15 of 41 Claude North

Claude North

Second Unit

• 323 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 04:11 PM

Terrific news. Each episode always leaves me wanting more, so I'll probably end up watching the entire set in one sitting.

"It's his loss...it's his loss...it's his LOSS!"

#16 of 41 John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 05:19 PM

Does anyone else here think the cover art is terrible? Posted Image I mean, honestly...the casts' legs??? The loyal fans will buy it, but I feel that casual fans, or newbies might be turned off by the bizarre cover art. Or is it just me?

#17 of 41 Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 05:28 PM

Quote:
is Henry Winkler a regular cast member?

No. He was a guest star in six season one episodes and it looks like he'll be appearing in season two as well according to tvtome. But don't let that deter you Chris. AD is the best tv show in years.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#18 of 41 MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted July 20 2004 - 09:19 PM

Quote:
Does anyone else here think the cover art is terrible? I mean, honestly...the casts' legs??? Posted Image The loyal fans will buy it, but I feel that casual fans, or newbies might be turned off by the bizarre cover art. Or is it just me?
I don't know. I quite liked the cover. It's amusing, and different enough that I could see people picking it up out of curiosity. At least we're not getting another big head picture.
Films watched in 2005 / 2006 / 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011
AFI Top 100 lists: Movies, Thrills - Completed / Laughs - 23 to go
Passions - 39 to go / Heroes & Villains - 10 to go / Songs - 42 to go

#19 of 41 MattGSmith

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted July 21 2004 - 04:18 AM

I like the cover as well. It fits so well with the "feel" of the show!

#20 of 41 MishaLauenstein

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor

• 572 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted July 21 2004 - 07:27 AM

Does anyone else here think the cover art is terrible? I mean, honestly...the casts' legs???

I hope they don't pull this stunt with a My Three Sons release.

Posted Image
40% Ben Katz + 30% Bobby Hill (Texas) + 20% Monica Geller + 10% William Dent. (Wardrobe by George Costanza)

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow