What's new

Service Menu Question for Hitachi 36" TV (36UX52B) (1 Viewer)

Matt*B

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

I have a quick question. Someone gave me a 36" Hitachi (Model #36UX52B). I think it's from 1997. I am really surprised at the picture quality for being as old as it is - DVD's look great. It's a transition screen until I get my new HDTV.

Anyway, I noticed that when I ran a diagnostics DVD, the screen was a off a bit to the right (you don't really notice it unless running this test, but still....). I was told that I would carefully examine the service menus to look for a fix for this.

I figured out how to get into the service menu and noticed that 2 things show up on the screen. The letter "A" with 3 digits after it, and the letter "D" with 3 digits after it which are all set to 000 (there's another type as well, with "A" and "P"). For example: "A: 000". Now, these number values that show after the letters can be changed via the remote, but i don't see how this can do anything since there are no descriptions of what is being done and these seem to be the only two options that i can change.. I was just wondering - what are some of the things i would be able to do with these settings (does it fix alignment, geometric shape, etc?). I thought there would be a menu with shape, alignment, etc choices, but there are just these letters with 3 numbers after them.... I realize that messing with these setting can be bad -- but i am mainly curious as what I am able to do with them.

Thanks in advance for all of your help

Thanks again,

M
([email protected])

Matt*B

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

I have a quick question. Someone gave me a 36" Hitachi (Model #36UX52B). I think it's from 1997. I am really surprised at the picture quality for being as old as it is - DVD's look great. It's a transition screen until I get my new HDTV.

Anyway, I noticed that when I ran a diagnostics DVD, the screen was a off a bit to the right (you don't really notice it unless running this test, but still....). I was told that I would carefully examine the service menus to look for a fix for this.

I figured out how to get into the service menu and noticed that 2 things show up on the screen. The letter "A" with 3 digits after it, and the letter "D" with 3 digits after it which are all set to 000 (there's another type as well, with "A" and "P"). For example: "A: 000". Now, these number values that show after the letters can be changed via the remote, but i don't see how this can do anything since there are no descriptions of what is being done and these seem to be the only two options that i can change.. I was just wondering - what are some of the things i would be able to do with these settings (does it fix alignment, geometric shape, etc?). I thought there would be a menu with shape, alignment, etc choices, but there are just these letters with 3 numbers after them.... I realize that messing with these setting can be bad -- but i am mainly curious as what I am able to do with them.

Thanks in advance for all of your help

Thanks again,

M
([email protected])

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks