Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Kool and the Gang :)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted June 02 2004 - 10:12 AM

I recently got into these cats in a big way. Any other fans out there? Posted Image

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   John Milton

John Milton

Second Unit

• 291 posts

Posted June 02 2004 - 12:30 PM

I have their best of CD. I pretty much only like the singles from Emergency though.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Rachael B

Rachael B

Producer

• 4,639 posts

Posted June 02 2004 - 02:24 PM

I like the hits OK, I particularly like JONES VS. JONES but what I really like are their instrumentals and not hit cuts. So, I's favor them...
Rachael, the big disc cat is in real life Dot Mongur, Champion of the International Pacman Federation. You better be ready to rumble if you play Jr. Pacman with me. This is full contact Pacman and I don't just play the game, I operate it!

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted June 02 2004 - 07:38 PM

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala wailing guitar JOAAAAAAAAAANA! I LOOOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted June 03 2004 - 10:44 PM

I started my Kool collection with -

Kool and the Gang: The Funk Collection
and
Kool and the Gang: Best of 1979-1987.

I like the 70's Funk numbers a lot. Really fantastic stuff. Personal favs at this moment are "Hollywood Swinging" (sampled by Puff Daddy a Mase I think?), "Funky Stuff", "Open sesame" (as heard on the Saturday Night Fever OST, class) "kool It (Here comes the fuzz) this one makes me think of the 70's Starsky and Hutch TV show for some reason, the classic "Jungle Boogie", Get up with the Get down Posted Image and "Summer Madness" which is an amazing chill down track. As for the hits, well I didn't realise they wrote so many classics! "Fresh", "Get Down On It", "Celebration", "Too Hot", "Let's Go Dancin', "Ladies Night", the 80's classic "Cherish" and as mentioned by Dome the fantastic "Joanna".

What a fuckin band. They must be great to see live, certainly at their peak. I'm gonna check out their back catalogue albums now. Any recommendations? I fancy a couple of albums from both the funk and Pop periods. Bring it on. Posted Image

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Marvin

Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,451 posts

Posted June 04 2004 - 08:39 AM

I always thought they were singing: "can't get it up, so go f* yourself.."

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   James Corey

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted June 04 2004 - 10:35 AM

My Kool & The Gang collection began and ended with "Wild and Peaceful" on vinyl. I didn't find much that they did after that was on a par with this album. Maybe that's just me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users