Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ALIAS season 4 ongoing thread (merged)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#41 of 788 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted May 23 2004 - 07:46 AM

He's right. Every time the show comes on I turn to my mom and go "Doesn't the quality on the DVD sets just totally blow this away?" There's nothing like a cropped picture, with white fuzz, and horrible shadows drifting over the screen to make you love DVD.

#42 of 788 OFFLINE   dan fritzen

dan fritzen

Second Unit

• 304 posts

Posted May 24 2004 - 03:08 PM

I am in favor of the uniterrupted run, if that is truly the case. I would not be surprised to find ABC putting Alias on another night. Remember all those reality TV shows have higher numbers than reruns, so like others posted we are seeing a year round schedule by the networks. On another note, I love Alias, only show I watch weekly, but if they shrink the episode count down, I would not have a problem, sometimes they use too much filler in shows, even great shows like this one.
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you enjoy the show?"

#43 of 788 OFFLINE   Bart

Bart

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted May 27 2004 - 04:01 PM

I remember reading somewhere that 24 would have a two-hour premiere, a two-hour finale, and another two-hour "event" episode partway through the season. That would explain how they would get 24 hours of the show from January to May. Bart

#44 of 788 OFFLINE   Robert Hutchison

Robert Hutchison

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 02:06 PM

Now that ABC is getting good numbers with DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES in the Sunday 9pm timeslot, will they pull it in January to make way for ALIAS or will ALIAS be moving to a new day?

#45 of 788 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted October 12 2004 - 02:19 PM

I would not be terribly surprised if ABC were to put Alias Wednesday at 9pm - I gather The Bachelor isn't doing so well as it used to, there's no other action/adventure there, and it's a natural pairing with Lost.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#46 of 788 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted October 13 2004 - 02:47 AM

The idea from Jason was Matt Rousch of TV guides idea as well and it's a good one. Let's hope ABC is reading his column. A J.J Abrams night would be great.

#47 of 788 OFFLINE   Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted October 13 2004 - 04:14 AM

I never get a chance to see it Sunday nights, so Wed. night after Lost would be perfect.

#48 of 788 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted October 13 2004 - 05:42 AM

Only bad thing would be that it would be opposite Smallville but that's what Tivo is for.

#49 of 788 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted October 13 2004 - 07:37 AM

Huh?

#50 of 788 OFFLINE   LanieParker

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted October 13 2004 - 10:30 AM

I will follow ALIAS wherever it ends up. This is the one show I will remember to watch. I gave up on Desperate Housewives after the first episode. It was good, but frankly, I forgot to watch the second ep and I sort of didn't care that I had missed it. So that one was taken off my "to watch" list.

#51 of 788 OFFLINE   Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 02:06 AM

I would be shocked if DH is moved for Alias. Alias may be moved to Mondays at 9pm when MNF moves out. With Abrams focusing on Lost and MI3, it looks like this may be the last season for Alias

#52 of 788 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted October 14 2004 - 09:48 AM

Jennifer Garner is under contract through Season 5, so I imagine if there is a stopping point that will be it.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#53 of 788 OFFLINE   Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted October 15 2004 - 04:03 PM

Being "under contract" means nothing more than she has a certain commitment to the show (and the show to her). If there's no show, that's that. She could be under contract for 7 years and get cancelled in season 1.
Studios, caption your internet streams.

#54 of 788 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted October 15 2004 - 05:14 PM

I thought she signed on for at least through season 7. I see at least 1 more good year for the show. I'd love it to go longer, but with the new ABC line-up kicking so much ass, it'll have to make a major come-back. I'd say a Lost/Alias pairing is a perfect idea. Wednesdays would be truly great TV.

#55 of 788 OFFLINE   Eddy-C

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted October 16 2004 - 12:35 AM

Yeah it doesn't look like Abrams is going to pass Felicity's 4 seasons with Alias if its numbers are the same or worst than last year's. Now that ABC is no longer the #4 network.
Click here for Trailer #1 | Trailer #2 | International Trailer

Keep Flyin' on September 30th!My DVDs | My Livejournal

#56 of 788 OFFLINE   Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter

• 1,346 posts

Posted October 16 2004 - 01:52 AM

Have some faith everybody. Even if the show doesn't appear in the top 20, I sense that the ancillaries help keep the show afloat. Putting it on after Lost makes all kinds of sense. Holding the premiere until January does too, even if I'd rather be watching new episodes now. I know the delay was production-oriented, but I wonder if it was also put in place to give people time to catch up on the story arcs on the season 3 DVDs. This show demands knowing what's going on, so those who may have been "behind" now get a few months to catch up. I haven't been following the ratings closely, but is The Bachelor doing anything at all this season? It doesn't have the buzz factor like it used to. (I haven't heard people talking about it or the media making a stir.) Lost has been doing well, so it makes for a good lead-in that should keep some overlapping viewers. (What played ahead of Alias on Sundays?)
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
My blog: Reel Times: Reflections on Cinema

#57 of 788 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted October 16 2004 - 03:36 AM

The Bachelor is in the toilet.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#58 of 788 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted October 16 2004 - 03:48 AM

Of course, even "in the toilet", I believe The Bachelor's ratings are still higher than anything Alias ever sustained. The difference is that it's obviously shedding audience from Lost as opposed to building on its lead-in.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

#59 of 788 OFFLINE   Eddy-C

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted November 16 2004 - 10:28 AM

http://tv.zap2it.com...main/1,1002,271|91856|1|,00.html

Wednesdays at 9 P.M.
Click here for Trailer #1 | Trailer #2 | International Trailer

Keep Flyin' on September 30th!My DVDs | My Livejournal

#60 of 788 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted November 16 2004 - 10:36 AM

Wow. I'm just shocked at all the strangely intelligent things ABC has been doing this year - putting on good shows, using Saturday night dead time to boost them, and now putting Alias in its logical slot. And it's apparently being rewarded with success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users