Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Does the Sony 36HS510 take a HDMI DVI???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Mark Guidry

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted April 23 2004 - 02:21 AM

I am totally new to the DVI inputs but I have read a little on it. I am looking at getting a 36" sony this weekend but I want to make sure its a good purchase. I was reading about it and it has a DVI input but it says its a HDTV input. Is this the same as a HDMI...or will I be able to get a plug that has a HDTV and a HDMI end???

I need help Posted Image

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Danny Beck

Danny Beck

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted April 23 2004 - 03:29 AM

You'll be fine. If you have a device with an HDMI output you will have to get an adapter cable that has the HDMI on one end and a regular DVI on the other end. Don't ask me where to get one but I know they are available. Posted Image

What device do you have with an HDMI output though? I know there aren't that many on the market right now.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mark Guidry

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted April 23 2004 - 03:43 AM

Great I did see that kind of cable when I did some searches on the net. I dont have anything with one yet...but when I get this TV it will be the one that I have for a long time. I just want to make sure when I start upgrading the rest of my stuff...it will all hook up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users