What's new

LG LST-3510A Questions (1 Viewer)

Justin-Gz

Auditioning
Ok so far you guys have all really helped me so here's one more for you. My cable provider is Comcast in Los Angeles, California, now if I buy the LG LST-3510A HD Receiver/DVD player combo will I be ablle to get all the HDTV channels that comcast offers? I know most HD receivers can only get OTA siginals but according to the review of the LG in DVD ETC. MAgazine it also has a QAM cable HD tuner "you'll be able to receive all OTA or "in the clear signals without a seperate cable HD box" It also says that the LG has a NTSC tuner so you can recieve all analog programing. So is the LG HD Tuner just like a HD cable box from Comcast would be like or different? I really like the fact that it has an HD tuner and DVD player so I can feed both to my TV from one cable since I only have 1 DVI cable input. WOuld I be better in the longrun to get the LG or just buy a Seperate DVD player with a DVI output and rent a HD box from comcast? I really hope I can go with the LG but if the HD receiver is not as good as the comcast ones I may have a problem.
Thanks in advance you all are really very helpful here and I am very greatful.

John Murawski

Auditioning
I have Comcast in NH along with the LST-3510A. It is hooked to my KF-42WE610.

Here I receive CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, InHD 1 & 2, PBSHD, HBOHD and SHOHD.

There are more HD movie premium channels but I don't wish to pay the additional costs.

Without the Comcast Moto-5100 with DVI. Signal going into the LST-3510A QAM tuner.

I get ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS in HD.

Now, on top of that I get some stunning images as a up-converting DVD, player outputing via DVI. I use a LINDY 2 port DVI switch to switch between the Comcast box and the LG box.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
You can only receive the unencrypted HD channels. Most cable systems provide the local HD channels unencrypted (the ones you could pick up with an antenna), but they encrypt the other HD channels like Discovery-HD, ESPN-HD, HBO-HD, Showtime-HD, etc. - for these you would need the cable provided cable HD box to receive, so you don't need the LG 3510A at all (other than as a DVD player) if you take the cable HD box.

Justin-Gz

Auditioning
Thank you very very much guys, you have both really helped me out. Comcast will be getting a call from me tomorrow and I will be looking for a DVD player with a DVI output. THanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks