-

Photo
- - - - -

Millennium Season 1 in July!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#101 of 103 Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,068 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted October 18 2004 - 12:45 AM

Quote:
I heartily disagree with the idea these shows are fine in 4x3. Whenever there is a tight close up, the image is completely filled with the face, while the 1:78 framing gives the compositon more perspective. Check out the screen shots provided by a UK fan showing off the show in widescreen if anyone is uncertain.
My point was that Millenium Season 2 and X-Files Season 5 look fine in 4:3, but the later seasons of X-Files start looking uncomfortably cropped. I honestly don't remember enough about season 3 of "Millenium" to tell you if it looked uncomfortably cropped or not, but I know season 2 looked very good in 4:3.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#102 of 103 HowardPaul

HowardPaul

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted October 22 2004 - 06:05 AM

I've got several of these sealed if anyone is interested.
Got them at the local Walmart 'cause they were so cheap.
Best
Howard

#103 of 103 JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,936 posts

Posted February 25 2007 - 06:47 PM

hate to drag this out of the past, but i finished season1 recently and have got to say somn about it. instead of "just cop show" genre or a show about serial killers, it's a show about the 'nature of good of evil' and i really dig that aspect. having finished the first half of season2 i have to say i luv season1 the most because of the unrelenting focus on what it is to dabble into darkness and then letting it take over. luv the contrasts between family life of black family vs. darkness/broken families of the serial killers. unfortunately that all changed for season2. i luv all of the episodes, it was a very strong first season just like XF!

like many casual ten thirteen production viewers, i caught this only occasionally. i must say, chris carter is one talented show creator. unfortunately, i think he doesn't FOCUS much. when he is 100% on one show, that's when it excels. hence, early season of XF, 1st season of millennium and so on.