Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe... How do I cange the setting for the S-ATA drive?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Mike Schmitz

Mike Schmitz

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted April 13 2004 - 02:00 PM

I've been having a problem with my current computer, and now I think that I need to change a setting for the two Maxtor S-ATA Hard Drives I have in a mirror array.

Basically, I kept getting this error message during boot:
Quote:
Incomplete RAID Set!" Press F4 to Enter RAID Configuration Menu

Eventually, I entered the configuration menu and chose "Rebuild RAID Set" This seems to have fixed the problem for now, but I'm under the impression that this will not last, and that after 10 reboots or so, it will crop back up again. That's because of this post I found while "Googling" the problem.

So I think I need to set the "discard time" from 30ms (30us?) to 1ms. But I can't find that setting anywhere in the BIOS. It doesn't help that the person who build the PC lost the manual for the motherboard. Also, I have boxes for everything but the HDD, so I think that they're OEM versions.

Can anyone tell me how to change this setting?
"If you can't make it good, at least make it look good."
-- Bill Gates on the solid code base of Win9X

"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline,
you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs....

#2 of 3 John*Jones

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted April 13 2004 - 02:25 PM

Not sure, but if no one else in this forum can answer that question, this forum would be a surefire bet.

#3 of 3 Jeffrey Johnson

Jeffrey Johnson

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted April 14 2004 - 02:26 AM

Also, try the nforcershq.com forum. Amazing stuff.