Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SWAT season 2?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#1 of 67 LoriB

LoriB

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 04:02 AM

Are there any plans to release the complete 2nd season of this show? I just picked up the first season and am totally enjoying watching this show again--the same with Starsky and Hutch.I`m worried that these releases were just done to tie in with the movies--and we wont see the 2nd series of SWAT or the rest of the Starsky and Hutch releases...

#2 of 67 David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 04:28 AM

I still need to see SWAT season one, but I do hope Columbia releases season 2.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#3 of 67 ScottDombrowski

ScottDombrowski

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 06 2004 - 06:07 AM

I brought up SWAT in a thread not too long ago. I hadn't seen it before but bought it to watch along with Starsky And Hutch, and I really liked it. I know Columbia Tristar sometimes takes a year between releases, although SWAT was released in June and I think most of that months scheduled releases have been announced. I have a little stronger feeling that we'll see more Starsky And Hutch. It seems to be doing well, although I'm really just going by Amazon's sales ranking. The movie seems to have done well, so maybe if nothing else, they'll do a sequel and then we'll see future seasons released?

#4 of 67 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,260 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 06:32 AM

I Really want S.W.A.T. Season 2 as well.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#5 of 67 peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted April 06 2004 - 07:18 AM

I brought this up last time, you can write to Columbia-Tristar and let them know you want the second season of S.W.A.T. at
CTHV_customerservice@spe.sony.com

I would certainly love the second season since it is one of my favorite shows.

#6 of 67 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,215 posts

Posted November 29 2009 - 08:09 PM

It has been over 6+ years since the first season of SWAT has come out. It would be nice if the second season would come out and even better if they would time it with season #2 of the Rookies.

#7 of 67 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,029 posts

Posted November 30 2009 - 02:31 AM

Sony has abandoned the vintage TV on DVD business entirely. Unless they all of sudden decide to start licensing out their properties (as Fox finally did), there's zero chance we'll see any of their series completed.

#8 of 67 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,210 posts

Posted November 30 2009 - 03:20 AM

Just shows us all what true idiots they are.

#9 of 67 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,215 posts

Posted November 30 2009 - 04:27 AM

if they don't want to produce them (Sony) then outsource them to soneone else. Somebody at Sony really needs to be looking at the big picture.

#10 of 67 kingfish

kingfish

Supporting Actor

• 975 posts

Posted November 30 2009 - 04:44 AM

The only hope we have is that these shows are all Aaron Spelling properties. With his death the estate [Candy Spelling] might release the rest of the seasons.

#11 of 67 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,029 posts

Posted December 01 2009 - 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish 

The only hope we have is that these shows are all Aaron Spelling properties. With his death the estate [Candy Spelling] might release the rest of the seasons.

Since they don't own any of them, exactly how would you propose they do that?

#12 of 67 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,210 posts

Posted December 01 2009 - 02:48 AM

They haven't even finished Charlie's Angels, last season still MIA, what does that say for their pace... 

#13 of 67 Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted December 01 2009 - 03:39 AM

Well I think you need to cut them some slack on Charlie's Angels anyways as Season 4 just came out not to long ago. There is a good chance that gets finished off in 2010.  But, go ahead and bash away on some of the other stalled stuff. They deserve to hear it! 

#14 of 67 peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted December 01 2009 - 06:58 AM

As much as I would love for the second season of SWAT to come out I am certainly not holding my breath. So in the meantime I just watch the episodes over on hulu especially since you can watch them there in Hi-def.  It certainly is a far cry from owning the dvds and being able to watch them on your tv but I am just glad to get to watch them.

#15 of 67 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,333 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younger1968 

if they don't want to produce them (Sony) then outsource them to soneone else. Somebody at Sony really needs to be looking at the big picture.

It just seems to me that if I controlled thousands of hours of television properties, and not making any money off of them, then I'd try to exploit the crap out of them. You can't make any money whatsoever if you don't even try. I'm well aware that Sony wasn't doing very well with its classic tv releases, but maybe that just means that they have to try harder, not sit around and do nothing! I'm asking you, is there no one at Sony (or Warners, or Fox) that's clever enough to come up with a way to get this material out there and make money off of it?? Come on...

#16 of 67 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,029 posts

Posted December 02 2009 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley 

I'm asking you, is there no one at Sony (or Warners, or Fox) that's clever enough to come up with a way to get this material out there and make money off of it??
      Evidently so.

#17 of 67 peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted December 03 2009 - 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Brock 

Sony has abandoned the vintage TV on DVD business entirely. Unless they all of sudden decide to start licensing out their properties (as Fox finally did), there's zero chance we'll see any of their series completed.
Could you tell me your source for saying Sony has abandoned their vintage dvds?  I was complaining about this on a group and of course no one believed me.

#18 of 67 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,210 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 12:45 AM

Maybe they should do the dvd-on-demand thing like some of the other studios are doing now, they have some very cool classic titles in their archives many would be interested in.

#19 of 67 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,029 posts

Posted December 04 2009 - 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy 

Could you tell me your source for saying Sony has abandoned their vintage dvds?  I was complaining about this on a group and of course no one believed me.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

Go on there and tell me how many Sony releases you see coming up. There's been nothing for a long time and there's nothing on the horizon. If they haven't abandoned them then they are doing a pretty good job of creating that impression.

#20 of 67 dhammer

dhammer

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted December 06 2009 - 09:37 PM

SWAT is another one season only tragedy. I  think there has been a lot of interest in this show. I think if you are putting out a two season show you got to commit to both seasons but apparently they don't feel that way.

If you are not going to release it let someone else.