Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Columbia's New TV on DVD Poll - What Show Will You Pick?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#1 of 73 Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 03:01 AM

Columbia TriStar has another poll going on which should directly impact what kind of product gets released on DVD in the near future (if it's anything like their last poll, that is).

This time around, you pick only one show from the list. Additionally, you can only take the poll once. So the question is... what single show will you pick? And why? Do tell...

http://www.sonypictu...tv/tvondvdpoll/

I chose "The Facts of Life". It appears that "Get A Life" is definitely Columbia's, as it appears on the poll as an option. I'm sad to see "Silver Spoons" and "Square Pegs" are no longer on the list, but hopefully that means they already have plans for both. Posted Image

Another Important Edit!:

If you choose to keep going on in the survey and answering TV on DVD-related questions, you will #12 asks you how you have heard about TV on DVD releases in the past. It would be in the best interest of any fan to select "Other" from the list and type in http://www.tvshowsondvd.com !

#2 of 73 Chris:L

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 03:25 AM

I chose Maude

They have so many Lear shows out now why don't they just release the rest of them.

#3 of 73 David Galindo

David Galindo

Screenwriter

• 1,264 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 03:38 AM

I already got my Tick, Dilbert and Critic, so I wont be needing any more from them Posted Image

#4 of 73 RobinO

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 03:46 AM

Dane,

Thank you so much for posting the information on Sonys new poll. I never would have known about it otherwise.

I voted for Ned and Stacy. I loved that show and never would have thought it would even be considered for DVD.
I am so excited!

Robin Posted Image

#5 of 73 Chris^B

Chris^B

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 03:51 AM

Diff'rent Strokes!?! Could this really be a possibility? Wow!!! Classic television at it's best.

#6 of 73 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 03:56 AM

I'm Dreaming of Jeannie, thank you very much!

#7 of 73 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 03:56 AM

Columbia TriStar has built a much nicer poll this time, and hopefully the results can be used.

Their previous poll forced 5 selections (I only wanted 2 shows, but had to pick 3 others) and would allow for multiple votes to be cast. I explained this to them and it appears they listened Posted Image And people think the studios never listen Posted Image

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#8 of 73 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 03:59 AM

Quote:
Their previous poll forced 5 selections (I only wanted 2 shows, but had to pick 3 others) and would allow for multiple votes to be cast. I explained this to them and it appears they listened

Yeah, but now we can only vote for ONE!

Seriously they should have set this up as a rank these shows from 1-10 (or whatever) instead of pick just one. I lucked out, there's only one show I want - but I'd be annoyed if I wanted more.

#9 of 73 Mark To

Mark To

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 03:59 AM

The Flying Nun.

#10 of 73 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 04:04 AM

Ah, the pain of choosing between Grosse Pointe and Action... Well, I'll vote for one at work and one at home.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#11 of 73 Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 04:07 AM

Am I the only one voting for Get a Life? That was a great show, and the few episodes released by Rhino aren't enough. We need the rest of the series released.

#12 of 73 David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 04:15 AM

It is a shame they didn't put Odyssey 5 on the list.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#13 of 73 Gabe D

Gabe D

Screenwriter

• 2,173 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 04:23 AM

Scott, you are NOT the only one voting for "Get a Life." There are a couple of others I would buy ("Action" and "Ned and Stacey"), but this was an easy choice.

#14 of 73 Mark Lx

Mark Lx

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 04:51 AM

Fantasy Island

#15 of 73 David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 977 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 04:58 AM

Just like both Tonys (Tony J Case and Jeannie's Master) I'm dreaming of Jeannie too.

I found it a little odd, though, that I Dream of Jeannie would be included. Gord, didn't Sony say they were releasing it next year?

If I could've voted for another show it would've been The Single Guy simply for the episode entitled "Affair" from the first season in which Paula Abdul plays herself.

#16 of 73 Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,212 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 05:11 AM

I voted for "Jeannie" although other worthy shows include "Mike Hammer" and "Hart to Hart".

Also, if you agree please be sure to indicate your preference for "season sets" when that question pops up.

Steve
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#17 of 73 Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 05:14 AM

Hart To Hart. For me the epitome of the stylish 80s at their best. (and Stefanie Powers at her sexiest!)

#18 of 73 Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 05:36 AM

What an awesome Poll!!! We need more of these.

I went with Action I loved the show while it was on and I still remember enough of it and still have an intrest in it. I'd love to see Ned & Stacy and the Street again but not enough to buy it. I loved the shows but it's been a while. I wish they would have added Sleepwalkers on that poll I'd love to get that.

#19 of 73 Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,454 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted March 31 2004 - 05:45 AM

Thanks for the link, Dane.

I voted for "Action". Wish I had two votes, the 2nd would have gone to "One Day At A Time". The rest I have no interest in.

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#20 of 73 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted March 31 2004 - 05:46 AM

Get a Life, No Question! I'm excited it's under consideration

I think it's funny how they ask you to list your favorite show and then the next question it how likely would you be to purchase it.....Duh!
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!