Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Try to avoid Celebrity Mole like the plague

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Matt Naglieri

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted March 22 2004 - 05:20 AM

I just got this in the mail today and the packaging is absolutely awful. Hopefully someone could help me with this but there was a photo of a packaging concept posted here last year i think (if someone can find this please post it) where two discs sit on top of each other in a single keepcase. Well Celebrity Mole takes that one step further by stuffing 3-discs into a kind of oversized keepcase. One side has one disc and the insert on top of it the other side has the two discs overlapping each other. Try to imagine taking two discs and making them form the number 8. Needless to say the discs do not stay secure in the case and all were loose and severely scratched by the time it arrived. I have read a reviews at other websites and yet no one thought this was worthy of a mention? Had I known I wouldn't have bought it.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted March 23 2004 - 05:23 PM

I had a similar experience, but oddly enough, the floater was the single disc. The two overlapping discs were perfectly fine. Guess this is one I should have picked up in person.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Christopher D

Christopher D

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 12:17 PM

An even better question: why is this on three discs in the first place?!? There are only two episodes (under 45 minutes apiece) on each disc. I am a big Mole fan in general and bought this in hopes of getting the *real* Moles on DVD, but the odds don't look too good given the less-than-stellar release for this. And BTW, my single disc was a floater, too, but luckily got held in by the insert. (Yes, there is an insert.)

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 02:00 PM

Same here, single disc was a floater but the insert prevented too much floating. Big Brother 3 had a similar setup, with first 8 discs in two cases.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted March 25 2004 - 02:25 PM

Well, that's very odd. The hubs on these things are pretty sturdy and when the disc is properly snapped in it shouldn't go anywhere. This leads me to believe these weren't snapped in correctly to begin with. Did anyone notice the horizontal lines during some of the scenes at the beach in episode 4? This is the first time I'm seeing this show and I'm wondering if anyone who saw the original run noticed this before also? Overall, this was packaged fine. I'm certainly not unhappy that it's on 3 discs instead of 2. All of the discs play fine despite one arriving as a floater and the other two being packaged in a somewhat undesirable way. At least it's not another awful cardboard contraption for my shelf. And despite those who turn their nose up at it, it's a few hours of good entertainment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users