What's new

Sattellite Prices going UP ????? (1 Viewer)

BrentG

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone heard of price increases from Dish or Direct, here is the thing.

I HAVE to get Direct TV from Pegasus Satellite. Well they charge me $44.48 for the same package that Direct TV offers for $39.99. Plus on my bill I got today it says that they are increasing the rate another $3.25 next month. So I will be paying $47.73 for a $39.99 package, what a load.

So really P'od I call up Pegacrap to see what is going on, they say all the providers are going to raise their rates, but I don't trust them at all. That is why I have been on the waiting list for a Dish Net HDTV set-up since first week of Feb.

I thought all Dish and Direct just lowered their pricing a bit ago, seems unlikely that they would push them right back up again.

Dean Wette

Stunt Coordinator
DirectTV just raised prices by a few bucks ($3 I think) for the Total Choice w/locals package, brining it to 42.99 Since I'm in the middle of a 1 yr. committment for the DVR special the increase is waived for me until October.

But yes, D* prices increased this month.

Dean

Neil White

Supporting Actor
As Dean stated, I got the notice about a month ago too. Waived until any 1-yr commitment is up. But this is the first change in rates I can remember (apart from package restructuring ages ago) and I've had D* since '98.

N

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Go look at the recent news about DISH and Viacom, that's why your rates are going up (that type of situation anyway.)

BrentG

Stunt Coordinator
I am not upset so much about rate increases, prices do go up. What gets me is I have to pay Pegasus an extra $6-8 is seams for the same programming, actually less programing because they don't give you all the channels that you are suppose to get with the Total Choice package.

MikeMeehan

Stunt Coordinator
Check out dbsforum. People over there talk about moving(without actually moving) to get out of a Pegasus area.:D

BrentG

Stunt Coordinator
Wonder how that works out when you phone number would still be in their area, will have to go take a look.

JeffPhill

Agent
Directv is having problems with Pegasus also. I have read that they will no longer renew any contracts with them after the current one is up. Pegasus can burn in hell for their "take it or leave it" attitude as far as I'm concerned. I just hope directv will take us under their wing once pegasus is no longer "handling" the rural distribution of their service.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
Another person who switched because of PegaSux. They told me to go buy a HiDef receiver and dish, pay for the installation and they would be happy to provide HiDef programming. Of course, it would have cost me at least $1000 for that. My solution: switch to Dish, got 2 dishes, 2 receivers(one the 811) and installation for about $225.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks