What's new

Useless trivia thread. (1 Viewer)

JamesCB

Second Unit
Why not?

Here's mine:

A stack of $1000.00 bills equalling $1 million is about 3 inches high. $1000.00 bills equalling $1 billion is about 250 feet high. A stack of $1000.00 bills equalling $1 trillion is about 47.3 miles high.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Celery is the only negative calorie food.

The body has to use up more calories to move it through the digestive system than are actually contained in the celery.

Jeff

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
-Your elbows (and forearms) are the only part of your body that you can't touch with both hands. :D

-Maine is the only state that is bordered by only one other state.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
your foot is the same size from your elbow to your wrist

courtesy of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman

AND!!

Alaska is the state with the MOST people who walk to work

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
Human beings can digest less than 1% of a salad, because the remaining 99% is cellulose and we lack the cellulase enzymes posessed by bovine mammals.

James T

Screenwriter
There is no Betty Rubble vitamin because the makers believe that a Betty version looks too similar to a Wilma version.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
The first television series to be shot entirely in color was The Cisco Kid (I'm pretty certain this is true, but I haven't tried to verify it). It was not, however, the first to be shown in color. That honor goes to Bonanza.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Heard, but haven't verified..

You can only drink your urine once without taking any other liquids.
Twice in a row could cause damage to your stomach.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
check this out!!!

1. A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
2.Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks, otherwise it will digest itself.
3.The Declaration of Independence (the very official copy in the Rotunda of the National Archives) is written on parchment, not paper.
4.The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle.
5.A raisin dropped in a fresh glass of soda will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.
6.A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
7.A 2x4 is actually 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" .
8.40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
9. Every person has a unique tongue print.
10.The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor who had red eyes. He was an albino.
11.315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
12.During the chariot scene in 'Ben Hur' a small red car can be seen in the distance.
13.On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Can you say "pon farr"? :D

In English football's top division, only one club has gone the entire season undefeated: Preston North End, but way waaayyy back in 1888/89 (which incidentally was the first ever season). There were only 22 games a season then.

Since then, the longest unbeaten start to a season is 29 games, jointly held by Leeds (1973/74) and Liverpool (1987/88). Arsenal's current unbeaten start now stands at 26, so it's four more games to a new record.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
In Los Angeles, California, a man may legally beat his wife with a leather strap, as long as it is less than two inches wide, or she gives him permission to use a wider strap. ... It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

In Pacific Grove, "molesting" butterflies can result in a $500 fine.

In Pasadena, it is illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss. ... It is illegal to set a mousetrap without a hunting license.

In Long Beach, it is illegal to curse on a mini-golf course.

In San Francisco, it is illegal to wipe one's car with used underwear. (I only did this that ONE time! And was immediately tossed in the pokey!) :laugh: ... It is illegal to cry on the witness stand in Los Angeles courts.

In Ventura County, cats and dogs are not allowed to have sex without a permit.

But my ALL-TIME favorite ridiculous State Law is on the Idaho books :) .......

Boxes of candy given as romantic gifts must weigh more than 50 pounds.

:laugh: :laugh:

(They must have some hefty-sized mamas in Boise!! :laugh: )

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
A co-worker once told me to divide your age by two then add 7 and that is the lowest age you should date. She also said something like if a man and woman are alone for 15 minutes than that is considered a date.
I don't know about Alaskan's walking to work, it can get pretty cold in the winter and dangerous if there is a lot of snow...sidwalks being covered.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

No other word than what? Or do you mean there is no word that rhymes with "month"?

Anyway, something I just leanred, it is illegal in the state of Michigan to sell a car on Sunday. Now I know why all those dealers are closed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks