What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

XM SkyFi car kit with line level outputs? (1 Viewer)

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
I want to buy a Delphi Sky Fi system for use in the car and at home, but after I buy the head unit, car kit, FM modulator, home kit, and car installation, the expense of all the assorted add-on doodads just makes it a little too pricey for my blood.

a) Is there such a thing as a car kit with line level outputs for a car stereo aux input? Idunno why the only two ways to get audio in the car is with a cassette adapter or an FM mod. Seems like a car kit with RCA outputs oughta be an option for those with car stereos that don't have a cassette player, but do have aux ins.

b) From what I've seen, the overall price for all the gear I listed above, plus installation, comes in around $400. Are there ever sales, rebates, packages, etc that I should look for to save a C-note or so?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, you can get a miniplug to RCAs to hook it up that way.

BTW, the Roady may be a cheaper option, since the car doesn't need a kit. They are reportedly working on a home kit for it.

Jason

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
Jason -

Thanks for the info. It does have a miniplug output? Good to know. So a trip to Rat Shack oughta solve that. I just find it weird that they don't offer a degrade-the-signal-as-little-as-possible primary option with the car kit.

As for the Roady, I considered it, but since there's currently no home kit, it's more kludgy using it for both car and home.

Site admin/mods: please get rid of this immediately if its not appropriate here.

There is a makeshift home kit available for Roady at myradiostore.com

A "real" home kit should be out for Roady from Delphi in the coming months. No specific date is available yet. The "real" home kit will have a home antenna, home power supply, a 1/8" to RCA Y-cable, and a stand for the Roady - but NO remote.

Please DO NOT confuse a stand for the Roady with a "cradle" that would have connectors on it. The main difference between the Roady and Skyfi is that the Skyfi uses cradles for EASY removal and insertion, while with the Roady you must alwasy plug and unplug three cables everytime you move it.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Thanks for posting that, because I knew you had a kit for the roady, but I couldn't find your store.

You really should have a link on XM411 if you want people to find it....

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks