What's new

Galactica Booklet? (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Has there been any word on how we can get the smaller version of the BG booklet that is available in the new smaller packaging? I bought that big Cylon head case and although I made a smaller case/cover for it, I still have nowhere to put that huge booklet.

Ric

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Has there been anything announced as far as obtaining the smaller packaging for those who got the head?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Nope, I've brought it up with Universal a fews times but they haven't decided if they will make the booklet and new case available.

Gord

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Please keep us posted. I think those of us who bought this right away and helped Universal out, ought to be able to get the smaller packaing and book, if we want it.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

I agree. Universal will be in the same boat with Northern Exposure in a few months.

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
I just spoke with someone I know over at Universal Home Video yesterday (Friday, Feb. 20th), and during our conversation I asked him about this Galactica issue… mainly because I'm also interested in getting the standard-sized case + booklet. (Although frankly, I really dislike the new non-proportional "squished-Cylon head" artwork — it's just a bit too "blah" for my tastes, esp. with the super-deformed Cylon. This is one of those rare times I prefer the photo comp of the existing set. I'd be happy if I could just get the new smaller booklet to place inside my gatefold case, and plop that on the shelf. Oh well…)

Apparently, Home Video has been getting a lot of calls on this — and I mean, a lot of calls. Seems that nearly everyone who purchased the original "Cylon Head" package is interested in obtaining the smaller version and/or the smaller booklet so everything will fit in on their shelves with the rest of their "standard sized" DVDs. (We did talk briefly about some of the behemoth sets they're put out recently).

Unfortunately, there's not really anything new to report as of yet. As of our discussion yesterday, Universal has not made any official decisions towards providing the new DVD case + booklet to consumers who purchased the initial limited edition version. However, due to amount of requests they've been getting, it is something they are seriously considering and will "likely" do.

They are currently looking at various options on how they could accomplish this. Some things they need to take under consideration:
  • Would this be available only to purchasers of the original Limited Edition, or to everyone who requested one?
  • Would it be free (only for existing LE owners) or would a small cost be appropriate to defray printing/shipping costs?
  • What type of "Proof of Purchase" would be required from owners of the LE set, if any? (Receipt, Proof of Purchase tab, disc pressing code, our word of honor, talking like a Cylon, etc.)
  • How would they collect the customer information and Proof of Purchase material? (The same way they handled "BTTF" and "Monty Python" — via a call center located on a small uncharted lost island where English isn't a known language? A mail-in form? Internet? Email?)
  • Plus, Universal would need to do a special printing order for the thousands (tens of thousands) of additional cases + booklets needed specifically for this purpose. Not to mention the shipping supplies and personnel, since this is a much larger undertaking then simply mailing out a small disc in a small envelope. (The larger boxes would need to be better protected from potential damage during mailing).
  • And so on.

You get the idea.

From our end, it sounds like a quick and easy decision — we want the new case + booklet, so just send it to us. But it's not that easy from the business side of things — this is a large customer service decision, one that takes a fair amount of time and money to plan out and accomplish.

Again, I was told that chances were very good that Universal will accomodate us in some manner — especially in light of the overwhelming number of requests they've gotten over the past couple of week, but they need some time to figure out the logistics of actually doing this. And they've only just started to consider and discuss the matter.So with that in mind, we'll all have to have a bit of patience while Universal decides how to handle this situation.

But if and when a final decision is made, you can be sure that you'll hear about it here. I was also told that any information regarding this would also be publically posted on their new Home Video website at http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/ — apparently this is their new Home Video website that just went up a week or so ago (they now sell DVDs direct), but their catalog searches don't seem to be working properly.

Anyway, hope this info was useful for everyone!

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks