What's new

Taking the plunge to a FP.... a few questions (1 Viewer)

Dave Borgman

Agent
Hi all, looks like i will be purchasing an infocus x1 in the next week or two. Big question on my mind. How do I hook up component cable box (HDTV), compnoent DVD player, and component Xbox? I have seen the adapter that allows you to hook up one component to the VESA plug on the projector, but nothing that you can hook 3 up with.

Also I have an older Sony DVD player that works well. Do I need to upgrade to a progressive scan?

Thanks for any help Dave.

Chuck H

Agent
You will need a component switcher if your reciever does not do component switching. Do a search for component switchers and you will find plenty of info.
If your current DVD player is not progressive scan you will not be able to run it through the component to Vesa adapter that the xbox and HDTV are going into as it only accepts a progressive signal. If you want to stick with your current dvd player get the component to svideo adapter as well and run your dvd player through the X1's svideo port.

Dave Borgman

Agent
Thanks for the input guys. I think to keep initial costs down I'm going to do this.

Run the Component to VESA adapter for the HD cable box. The normal composite video for the xbox. And normal s-video for the DVD (would the compoent to s-video adapter make much of a difference?)

I have to run cables probably about 20 feet from under the screen, to the side of the aprtment to the back wall where I will have the infocus on a shelf. Doing a quick search online the longest s-video i can find is 12 feet? I hope there is longer out there. Also for the HD cable box should i run component from the front to back to the adapter to the infocus, or should i run a monitor extension cable?

Once again any input is greatly appreciated. You guys are the best.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks