Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The Naked Gun Trilogy

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter

• 1,675 posts

Posted February 08 2004 - 12:31 PM

Perhaps the most overlooked quality film trilogy, the Naked Gun series. Any word from Paramount on these getting new DVD releases, or are we stuck with what we got? -Bryan

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Jason Stocker

Jason Stocker

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted February 08 2004 - 12:47 PM

What may I ask is wrong with what we've got? They look great, have 5.1 soundtracks and commentaries. I'm quite happy with my Naked Gun trilogy. There are plenty of films out there that have never gotten any DVD release at all. I'm more interested in getting them out.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted February 08 2004 - 01:13 PM

We need directors cuts Posted Image

Seriously, it would be nice to see the cut scenes where there is a family picnicing in the outfield at the baseball game, or when Frank Drebins' umpire proctector gets shot and deflates, etc.

But there are definitely more DVD's that need to be redone...The Naked Guns' are quite low on my list.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted February 08 2004 - 03:13 PM

Maybe they can do a Naked Gun SE boxset as a tie-in to the Police Squad! DVD release.

Hey I can dream, eh? Posted Image

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter

• 1,675 posts

Posted February 08 2004 - 03:16 PM

A ha! You got it Scott. I wonder who owns the rights to Police Squad, also Paramount?

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted February 08 2004 - 03:18 PM

Back in the VHS days Paramount had 'em. Hopefully that's still the case.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted February 08 2004 - 05:47 PM

I love the Naked Gun boxset. One of my favorites!
My favorites:

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,698 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 08 2004 - 06:29 PM

Police Squad is indeed owned by Paramount.

6 episodes, 1 DVD. What is taking them so long? Posted Image

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Stephen J*

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted February 09 2004 - 05:15 AM

Maybe they're having trouble with the 'In Color' part of the TV series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users