Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

rumor: Box of Baz Luhrmann SEs coming from Fox! Incl. R+J, Strictly Ballroom!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   Guy Martin

Guy Martin

Second Unit

• 350 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 03:54 PM

from Darkhorizons.com:
[quote]

Red Carpet Trilogy (DVD): Baz Luhrmann fans get read to explode in orgasmic frenzy. He and FOX have announced a major
release for November - "The Red Carpet Trilogy". The box-set contains brand new single disc "Special Editions" of Luhrmann's "Strictly
Ballroom" and "Romeo + Juliet", plus a 2-disc 'Special Edition' of "Moulin Rouge". More details as they arrive

[quote]

If true this is great news. I was looking forward to Moulin Rouge, but to have Fox go back and redo R+J is a dream come true (anamorphic please!) and an SE of Strictly Ballroom. If this is true, they've got a guaranteed buy from me!
- Guy

#2 of 19 OFFLINE   Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 03:58 PM

I am drooling. Darkhorizons are pretty good about their rumors, so I am anxiously awaiting this set. I don't think you have to worry about enhancement with Fox anymore. I've been hoping for a new R+J for some time now.

Bruce

------------------
Posted Image
Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love
The Mads are calling

#3 of 19 OFFLINE   Adrian_P

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 04:00 PM

I am really hoping that this turns out to be true. I have always wanted Strictly Ballroom on DVD. Romeo and Juliet was in need of a Special Edition. And well can't wait for Moulin Rouge!

#4 of 19 OFFLINE   Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 07:43 PM

That's all well and good, except Strictly Ballroom is a Miramax release. How will that work?

------------------
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"

#5 of 19 OFFLINE   Carol Razavi

Carol Razavi

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 08:10 PM

THANK GOD!!!!!
and that's all I have to say. Posted Image

------------------
My DVD List at DVD Aficionado
My Stunning DVD Collection

My wishlist: Anybody want to give these to me?

#6 of 19 OFFLINE   John Torrez

John Torrez

Second Unit

• 314 posts

Posted August 21 2001 - 07:29 AM

Do you know if those titles will be available seperately? ------------------ "They're all gonna laugh at you!"

#7 of 19 OFFLINE   Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra

Producer

• 3,501 posts

Posted August 21 2001 - 08:21 AM

[quote]

That's all well and good, except Strictly Ballroom is a Miramax release. How will that work?

[quote]

I'll be interested in finding out, as well.

~Edwin

------------------
http://www.hometheat...L/005780.html#8
DVD Unwind: Paradise Now (Coming) • King Kong - - • KeaneThe Squid And The WhaleA History Of ViolenceHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireThe Best Of Youth (Italy) • Good Night And Good LuckHowl's Moving CastleWalk The Line - - • ZathuraNorth Country

#8 of 19 OFFLINE   Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman

Screenwriter

• 2,714 posts

Posted August 21 2001 - 08:24 AM

DTS??? Dan ------------------ Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

#9 of 19 OFFLINE   Paul Wu

Paul Wu

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted August 21 2001 - 08:56 AM

I waiting for more details on Strickly Ballroom.

------------------
Paul Wu
"There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't."

Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here.
Paul Wu
"There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't."

#10 of 19 OFFLINE   CamiloCamacho

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator

• 124 posts

Posted October 14 2001 - 07:26 AM

We are in the middle of october, someone heard a little more about this great box (details on the remastered r+j, extras?). Any?

#11 of 19 OFFLINE   Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper

Lead Actor

• 6,504 posts

Posted October 14 2001 - 07:40 AM

There was no mention of this when we visited Fox in LA last monht- although we did see a fair amount of stuff from the upcoming Moulin Rouge DVD.

Although Peter didn't mention any info about a boxed set- he did have quite a few small anecdotes about Baz Luhrmann that led me to believe he had the opportunity to work closely with him. I would say it's possible something is in the works (According to Peter, Baz seemed to really like the things DVD could offer)... I'd just be suprised to hear November since that's a month away, and no announcement yet.

-Vince

------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper

Anyone wanna sell me their palm pilot?? Click here
Need an introduction to home theater? Check out our FAQ and Primer!!

#12 of 19 OFFLINE   gregstaten

gregstaten

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted October 14 2001 - 08:42 AM

Actually, Vince, I spoke with Peter Staddon about this. He confirmed that there will be a boxed set of all three films, but it won't be out until some time next year. STRICTLY BALLROOM is a Miramax release and they won't have the DVD ready for release this year. -greg

#13 of 19 OFFLINE   Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted October 14 2001 - 12:52 PM

Does that mean a delay on the release of R+J as well? Or will we see that in December?

I hope this isn't a "Nixon: SE" situation, where we won't be able to get Strictly Ballroom seperately. Because I don't want to wait for MR.

------------------
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"

#14 of 19 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted December 28 2001 - 09:58 AM

...it has been a while now....has anyone any more information on STRICTLY BALLROOM?

#15 of 19 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted December 28 2001 - 05:41 PM

Since I already have Moulin Rouge, I will just settle for separate releases of the other two films. I especially want 'Strictly Ballroom'- it's my personal favourite.Posted Image
Recently watched- Band Of Brothers, Scream Blacula Scream, Blacula, Maleficent 3D, Lake Placid, Running Scared(1986), Heroes: Season 2, Lock,Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, True Blood: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Star Trek Into Darkness, Star Trek(2009), Game Of Thrones: Season 1, Vault Of Horror, Tales From The Crypt(1972)

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 2, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific

"Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self-serving, I shall simply say...Good luck."

#16 of 19 OFFLINE   Angsty

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted December 28 2001 - 06:24 PM

According to the R4 rumour list, the Red Carpet Trilogy box set has a tentative release date of April 10, 2002.

Finally, R4 will get Strictly Ballroom on DVD!!

Angela Posted Image
"Its pathetic - my screen name has more fun than I do!"

#17 of 19 OFFLINE   Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor

• 922 posts

Posted December 28 2001 - 07:10 PM

[quote]

[quote]
Probably a lot like the Oliver Stone and Stanley Kubrick box sets. Although the majority of releases were by Warner Bros., there were a few films from companies like Universal, Buena Vista, Columbia, etc.
I like shiny things. | 2002 Film List | Best & Worst of 2002 | 2003 Film List | 2004 Film List

'I'm sucking up juice from the generator!' - Brian Eno, "I Fall Up"
AIM: KevinLeonard81 (because SexGod9451860 was already taken)
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

#18 of 19 OFFLINE   Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted December 28 2001 - 09:11 PM

Well, I already have Moulin Rouge on DVD. But, I definitely want Strictly Ballroom on DVD as a separate issue. I would not buy the box set at this point.

#19 of 19 OFFLINE   Jae E

Jae E

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted December 29 2001 - 08:06 AM

Amazon now has Strictly Ballroom up for preorder with a release date of 3/19.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users