What's new

Question about KILL BILL (1 Viewer)

I have heard that the European and Japanese theatrical release versions of KILL BILL will show the crazy 88 fight scene in color, instead of black and white. Any truth to this?
Does anybody know if the first DVD will have an option to view it in color, or if there is any truth to the rumor, should I wait for region 2?

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
If there is any truth to the rumor, should I wait for region 2?
I'm not waiting for anything (Like I've said in about 6 previous posts I will buy every Kill Bill DVD version ever released) but if you're set on purchasing only 1 release then yes wait for R2 to be safe.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
Europe has the B&W scene not colour. from what I heard and from reading some interviews with QT it seems like Japan R2 and maybe some R3 will have the crazy 88 in colour and some added scenes.
US and Europe ahev the same versions though.
I just hope that HKR3 or Thai R3 will be uncut as the JapR2 uncut will be horribly expensive.
HTH

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
And why this difference exists? Why one is in black and white and the other in color?

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Apparently the MPAA didn't enjoy the amount of blood flowing in the Crazy 88 fight, so to protect our fragile little minds, it switches to black and white. Check the sanitized bloodless trailers as well (the Vernita Green fight and the ridiculous now "black" blood on the Bride's Yellow jumpsuit). Supposedly Tarantino said it was supposed to be this way, but then I question why the Japanese get a full color version.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly Tarantino said it was supposed to be this way, but then I question why the Japanese get a full color version.
Tarantino has said that us Americans don't have the same tolerances for blood and violence as the Japanese do. Personally I kind of liked the B&W scene.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
What did they change about the Vernita Green fight in the trailers?
In the movie both women are bloody as hell when they're fighting and when the kid comes home. In the trailer, they look like the exact same shots as from the movie, so it seems the blood and cuts were digitally removed.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
The 2-disc DVD of Vol. 1 is coming out on 2/3/04.
Great! They are split in two for the theatrical release is kind of understandable but they should release the whole movie, both DVDs at the same time and in the same set and priced as one movie. Chopping long movies and selling them as separate movies just doesn’t look too good!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Great! They are split in two for the theatrical release is kind of understandable but they should release the whole movie, both DVDs at the same time and in the same set and priced as one movie. Chopping long movies and selling them as separate movies just doesn’t look too good!
And you would like to wait for months until they are released as one whole?

QT has said that he will do a combined release. You'll just have to wait for that one.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
It allows people who havent seen the first part to rent/buy it to catch up before they decide to see the second and also acts as a refresher for those who have seen it. It does look like a money grab at first glance, but of course you could elect to wait for the combined set that will eventually appear, so it's a sound decision on Miramax's part IMO. I don't have the fortitude to do that.:D

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I wasn't particularly fond of the first part, so I'll wait until the combined release (if the second part is decent at all).

Just my two cents.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Personally, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Kill Bill will only be uncut on the Jap DVD. The arrogance of everyone involved in that decision astounds me.

For QT to claim that the extra-violent cut is some kind of 'thank-you' to his Japanese fans is all very well, but what about the other few-hundered-million fans who might quite like to see his work too?

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
Personally, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Kill Bill will only be uncut on the Jap DVD. The arrogance of everyone involved in that decision astounds me.
it is. but then again it is easy to get the R3 from places like CDwow

I think it might be hard for QT to pass such a bloody version past the MPAA. and I doubt Miramax/disney will bring out an NR version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks