Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Blockbuster Video Trade-In

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted November 20 2003 - 06:39 AM

I just got an e-mail from blockbuster video, stating if you bring in one of your old DVD's you can get any NEW DVD for $12.99. There example was Tomb Raider 2. I think I may go in there and turn in a few of my worst DVD's and pick up a few new ones. Just thought I would pass it along. Rob

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted November 20 2003 - 07:40 AM

GREAT deal! Thanks, Robert!!!

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Chet_F

Chet_F

Supporting Actor

• 777 posts

Posted November 20 2003 - 08:07 AM

"Customer responsible for applicable taxes on all purchases and offers. DVD New Release Offer: Offer valid on new retail DVD only, for the specific promotional titles indicated and the specific dates indicated for each title, while supplies last, at participating BLOCKBUSTER® stores only. No rain checks. Promotional titles selected by Blockbuster in its sole discretion. All start and end dates subject to change. Limit 2 copies per promotional title per customer per day. Discount taken at register. Not valid in combination with other offers or discounts. To redeem this offer, customer must present and relinquish one commercially released DVD owned by customer for each new retail DVD purchased at the special offer price. All DVD’s relinquished by customer will become the property of Blockbuster and will not be returned to customer under any circumstances. No cash refund or store credit will be given for any DVD relinquished by customer. Each DVD relinquished by customer must be (i) in a standard commercial DVD package, including artwork; (ii) rated "R", "PG-13", "PG" or "G" by the MPAA, or if unrated, be consistent with Blockbuster's standards for unrated retail product; and (iii) in good condition and free of visible scratches and/or defects, all of the foregoing as determined by Blockbuster in its sole discretion. Customer must be 18 years of age or older to redeem this offer. Offer not available online. Offer ends 12/22/03." Always read the small print. Not a very good deal considering most of the titles are larger release titles that can be had at BB or CC or Walmart for $15-16 the week of the release which is when their special runs. So essentially they are giving you $2-3 for a trade-in. So unless you have some titles that you got for free or $1 then the deal is LAME! Just my 2 cents.
"If you’re lucky, people like something you do early and something you do just before you drop dead. That’s as many pats on the back as you should expect." - Warren Zevon 1993, R.I.P.

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,581 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 20 2003 - 08:48 AM

[quote] for the specific promotional titles indicated and the specific dates indicated for each title, [quote]

Chet's right. I've seen info about this posted in other places. There are a very limited number of titles available in this deal. The DVDs you give up would have to be ones you REALLY don't want any more and couldn't get more from by selling them to someone else.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,590 posts

Posted November 20 2003 - 05:21 PM

It really does sound better than it is. This is a truly bizarre promotion from a company known for doing weird stuff. I asked someone there to explain the promotion and he took the flyer, opened it to the center, which is about their 2 for $20 used sale and told me I could get any of those titles for $12.99 with a trade-in. The current trend with Blockbuster seems to be coming up with promotions nobody, particularly not their own employees understand.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted November 21 2003 - 02:02 AM

Yeah I guess it isn't as good as I first thought, but I will probably still trade in Battlefield Earth for X2 next week, since I wouldn't even want to give that horribe movie to anyone I knew much less sell it. Thanks for clarifying everyone, I would have looked silly walking in this week with Battlefield Earth asking for Sinbad, and then them saying NO it's for Tomb Raider only. Rob

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   Chet_F

Chet_F

Supporting Actor

• 777 posts

Posted November 21 2003 - 03:49 AM

"but I will probably still trade in Battlefield Earth for X2 next week"

I don't think anyone could argue that THAT isn't a DEAL!! Posted Image
"If you’re lucky, people like something you do early and something you do just before you drop dead. That’s as many pats on the back as you should expect." - Warren Zevon 1993, R.I.P.

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   Ben Silva

Ben Silva

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted December 01 2003 - 07:02 AM

I have a couple of cheesy horror movies im going to trade in (Day of the Animals, etc) for Pirates and Nemo. They are the leftovers that most of the used DVD stores here in Phoenix didn't wan't.
He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people? - Touch of Evil

My DVD Collection

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   larry mac

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted December 01 2003 - 02:14 PM

Traded "Any Given Sunday" for "Finding Nemo"!

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   George Caronan

George Caronan

Stunt Coordinator

• 215 posts

Posted December 02 2003 - 08:37 AM

Hello all. Traded "John Carpenter's Vampires" for "Pirates of The Caribbean" today given that I have the former on Superbit to begin with. Fair enough for $14.06 tax included. Best Buy is selling "Pirates..." for $15.99 today so I get to save a bit. Cheers.

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   Tony_La

Tony_La

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted December 02 2003 - 08:53 AM

Do the trade in dvds have to be dvds that were previously purchased new, or can they be previewed dvds from say, Blockbuster?

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,581 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 02 2003 - 09:10 AM

[quote] Do the trade in dvds have to be dvds that were previously purchased new, or can they be previewed dvds from say, Blockbuster? [quote]

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image GREAT question!!!

Wonder if they thought THAT through?!?!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   John Millers

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 05:40 AM

They require orginal disc, case, and artwork.
"He who laughs last....thinks the slowest."

"I haven't lost my mind. I backed it up on the network, but the server is down."

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,785 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted December 03 2003 - 07:00 AM

New keepcases are cheap. I just got 30 for $12.99 at BJ's. Swap the disc and artwork from the Blockbuster case to a new case and you're good to go.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   Bill_D

Bill_D

Supporting Actor

• 755 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 07:38 AM

[quote] The DVDs you give up would have to be ones you REALLY don't want any more and couldn't get more from by selling them to someone else. [quote]

I've tried selling Deer Hunter around here for almost nothing plus shipping several times. It is now going to be Blockbusterized into Pirates of the Carribean.

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted December 03 2003 - 08:09 AM

Good luck turning in a Blockbuster pre-viewed title if they don't want scratched discs!! Posted Image
My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   John.Meer

John.Meer

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted December 16 2003 - 02:45 PM

Anybody have any luck trying trading DVD's marked PROMO or such? I tried to trade Six Day Seven Nights and Stepmom that I received back in 1999 with a Toshiba purchase, and they would not accept them. It seemed the reason the manager did not want to accept them was they had no UPC code to scan in so he could prove he received them!?

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,461 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 16 2003 - 03:13 PM

well thats interesting because he is never supposed to scan the barcode on the traded in dvd. if he does it will put it into inventory as the actual title. it is only supposed to be part of the "big trade in" inventory. that is the bar code that is placed over the dvd bar code. don't forget it ends next week. and the last 2 titles you can get are freaky friday and sea biscuit. i traded one of the old DVDINSIDE dvd magazine dvd's that also had a bad vhs type version of the old scrooge on it and another that i cant even remember what it was for t-3 and pirates.
facebook.com/whotony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users