Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Citizen Kane: No snapper case

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Marc Colella

Marc Colella

Screenwriter

• 2,607 posts

Posted September 09 2001 - 02:33 PM

According to DVDFile's review, Citizen Kane is not packaged in a snapper case. It will use the same packaging found on Magnolia and Fight Club.

http://dvdfile.com/s....tizenkane.html

Looks like Warner learned a lesson from the flack they recieved from packaging a 2-disc set in a snapper case (ala JFK).

It's a start.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,278 posts

Posted September 09 2001 - 02:59 PM

It would have been nice to have seen something done differently on Superman: The Movie - Special Edition, as well (even though this was a single disc).

[Edited last by Dave H on September 09, 2001 at 09:59 PM]

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,043 posts

Posted September 09 2001 - 03:22 PM

I don't like the snapper case. I don't like this fold-out cardboard case, either, but it's encouraging to see that Warner might finally be moving away from the snapper. Is there much of a chance, you think?

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   GlennH

GlennH

Screenwriter

• 2,126 posts

Posted September 09 2001 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the link to the nice DVDFile review. I take it this was just posted, because I didn't see it there before, but the header on the review says it was reviewed August 21 (?) Maybe I just missed it before. It also says Citizen Kane is Rated R, which I'm pretty sure can't be right.

Looks to me like Peter forgot to edit the template he started from.

[Edited last by Glenn Heberle on September 09, 2001 at 11:06 PM]

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit

• 453 posts
  • LocationCastaic, CA

Posted September 09 2001 - 05:46 PM

It's PG, according to the MPAA's website.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   PeterB

PeterB

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted September 09 2001 - 07:15 PM

Oops, your right, I did use the old template info. I fixed ithe MPAA rating and the review date. Sorry about that!

BTW, I was really impressed with the disc. Along with Phantom Menace, Godfather and Snow White, it is gonna be a great fall.

: )

------------------
Peter M. Bracke
Peter M. Bracke

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted September 09 2001 - 10:23 PM

I'm glad to see that Kane is not in a snapper. I was worried there. Yes, it's a small start in that WB has realized that they need to consider alternative packaging, at least for 2-disc sets. That JFK thing won't do at all; it has definately minimized our viewing of that title!

Now, if I may jump off-topic for a bit:

Quote:
Along with Phantom Menace, Godfather and Snow White, it is gonna be a great fall.

Posted Image ROFL! Peter, this only reminds me of an e-mail I sent you back in June, when details for the fall were only STARTING to shape up:

Quote:
Peter, I just don't know how I'm gonna afford it. Especially with the stock market down so badly lately, and our wallets getting hit pretty hard everywhere.

With the official announcement of Phantom Menace yesterday, I've been going over my wishlist of street dates for new DVD's. If you are a film nut, a Sci-Fi nut and also the parent of kids who watch popular kids' TV (or just a big kid; I qualify as both), then your late-August-and-onward purchasing schedule looks like this:

• Aug. 21The Goonies, Hannibal, Batman: The Movie (Holy Special Edition, Batman!), Scooby-Doo's Spookiest Tales
  • Aug. 28Forrest Gump, Kramer vs. Kramer, Dressed to Kill, and as many as 8-9 others (including Teletubbies and Star Trek episodes)
  • Sep. 4The Princess Bride - Special Edition, The NeverEnding Story, The NeverEnding Story II
  • Sep. 11Dr. Who: The Five Doctors, Dr. Who: Spearhead from Space, Dr. Who: The Robots of Death
  • Sep. 18It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, Spy Kids, Cape Fear (1962), Cape Fear (1991)
  • Sep. 25The Simpsons Season 1
  • Oct. 2A much-needed breather?...or just a hole for studios to fill???
  • Oct. 9The Godfather DVD Collection, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves - Platinum Edition
  • Oct. 16Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace
  • Oct. 23Dumbo - Gold Collection
I'm guessing that's about $550 worth (street price) of DVD's listed there, and by no means could I be sure I've got a complete list at 4:30 in the morning, as I write this! There's got to be a few blockbusters I've left off this list...especially on Oct. 2nd. There's still a bunch of pre-Christmas announcements coming; keep in mind that Paramount has yet to announce a street date for Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Special Director's Edition, and that MGM also has a couple of aces up their sleeve: The Terminator - Special Edition and Buckaroo Banzai.

We're also expecting announcements soon for the likes of Citizen Kane, Dr. Zhivago, The Elephant Man, Legend, Schindler's List, The Sopranos Season 2, The X-Files Season 4, and even the animated version of The Lord of the Rings. All thought to be coming in 2001!

So, this leaves me with one question, and it's for Mr. George W. Bush: That retroactive tax refund you're sending me? Could I get it in "Best Buy Gift Cards", instead of cash? Thanks!

DAVE LAMBERT,
Memphis, TN

...And I saved your reply, too! Here's the main portion:

Quote:
Yikes! Well, that is a mighty big list!...But I know what you mean...it doesn't quite seem possible to not only buy all this stuff, but then even have time to watch it. But then Christmas always tends to be overloaded. However, remember that things usually slow down at the beginning of the year, so you can always play catch-up then.

Heck, I'm already 252 discs behind...when am I ever gonna catch up? When FMD's hit? Posted Image

Looking back, Oct. 2nd turned out indeed to be "a hole for studios to fill", what with Terminator, Mummy Returns, and Queen streeting then. Although for Sep. 18 I've decided to hold off on Spy Kids; I'll wait on the eventual SE. MIA still are Legend, Schindler's List, Buckaroo Banzai, and Elephant Man. However, I certainly didn't anticipate the announcements for From Here to Eternity, On the Waterfront, The Toy, Bill & Ted, When Worlds Collide, Willow, the Dirty Harry box set, and the 3 Rat Pack movies in their place! I'll take 'em!! I'll take 'em all!

Aaaaah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! !!!

------------------

DAVE/Memphis

Widescreen is Family Fun!
Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   GlennH

GlennH

Screenwriter

• 2,126 posts

Posted September 10 2001 - 01:44 AM

Quote:
Especially with the stock market down so badly lately, and our wallets getting hit pretty hard everywhere.

[sarcasm] Yes, but isn't it nice how things have turned around since then.[/sarcasm] Posted Image

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted September 10 2001 - 01:47 AM

Yeah, the stock market hasn't exactly gotten better, has it?

In fact, I'm convinced that my DVD collection is a better investment... Posted Image

------------------

DAVE/Memphis

Widescreen is Family Fun!
Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow