What's new

Citizen Kane: No snapper case (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
It would have been nice to have seen something done differently on Superman: The Movie - Special Edition, as well (even though this was a single disc).
[Edited last by Dave H on September 09, 2001 at 09:59 PM]

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I don't like the snapper case. I don't like this fold-out cardboard case, either, but it's encouraging to see that Warner might finally be moving away from the snapper. Is there much of a chance, you think?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Thanks for the link to the nice DVDFile review. I take it this was just posted, because I didn't see it there before, but the header on the review says it was reviewed August 21 (?) Maybe I just missed it before. It also says Citizen Kane is Rated R, which I'm pretty sure can't be right.
Looks to me like Peter forgot to edit the template he started from.
[Edited last by Glenn Heberle on September 09, 2001 at 11:06 PM]

PeterB

Agent
Oops, your right, I did use the old template info. I fixed ithe MPAA rating and the review date. Sorry about that!
BTW, I was really impressed with the disc. Along with Phantom Menace, Godfather and Snow White, it is gonna be a great fall.
: )
------------------
Peter M. Bracke

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad to see that Kane is not in a snapper. I was worried there. Yes, it's a small start in that WB has realized that they need to consider alternative packaging, at least for 2-disc sets. That JFK thing won't do at all; it has definately minimized our viewing of that title!
Now, if I may jump off-topic for a bit:
Yikes! Well, that is a mighty big list!...But I know what you mean...it doesn't quite seem possible to not only buy all this stuff, but then even have time to watch it. But then Christmas always tends to be overloaded. However, remember that things usually slow down at the beginning of the year, so you can always play catch-up then.
Heck, I'm already 252 discs behind...when am I ever gonna catch up? When FMD's hit?
laugh.gif

Looking back, Oct. 2nd turned out indeed to be "a hole for studios to fill", what with Terminator, Mummy Returns, and Queen streeting then. Although for Sep. 18 I've decided to hold off on Spy Kids; I'll wait on the eventual SE. MIA still are Legend, Schindler's List, Buckaroo Banzai, and Elephant Man. However, I certainly didn't anticipate the announcements for From Here to Eternity, On the Waterfront, The Toy, Bill & Ted, When Worlds Collide, Willow, the Dirty Harry box set, and the 3 Rat Pack movies in their place! I'll take 'em!! I'll take 'em all!
Aaaaah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! !!!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the stock market hasn't exactly gotten better, has it?
In fact, I'm convinced that my DVD collection is a better investment...
laugh.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks