Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony sxrd

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   BillyH

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted November 01 2003 - 01:55 PM

Anyone out there read any Sony SXRD reviews? Also someone said they had heard it will be about 25Gs. Anyone else hear that? If that is the case I guess I won't be replacing my VPLW10HT for a long long time.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted November 01 2003 - 02:51 PM

I have read comments by people who have seen one (they were very impressed), but I can't remember where. Search the AVS Forum for better information. I guess the 25G pricetag is pretty accurate, so it won't be in my house until I win the lottery (and Sony actually releases the dang thing).
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted November 02 2003 - 03:50 AM

Posted Image

Click the pic. Very very nice
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles

Producer

• 4,791 posts

Posted November 02 2003 - 07:00 AM

The Sony people told me 25G plus like 5-6g depending on throw distances(lenses).

I have a pretty worthless sheet of specs...

basically just lists throw distances, 3 x SXRD panels, etc.

Seeing it though, wow. VERY impressive and dazzling with bright scenes, and colorful stuff. Very un-impressive for black level. I was dissappointed. There was no screen door though, even right up at the screen I couldn't really make out pixel structure.