-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Friends 10/9/03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 04:39 AM

I thought this was a pretty good episode overall.

Looks like the Joey/Rachel thing is pretty much over, and that took a record, 3 episodes? Posted Image

I got a good laugh at Ross's bits. You knew what was coming every time but it still was classic Friends.

Chandler seems to be very laid back now, almost like an old man. I miss crazy off the wall Chandler.

This is shaping up to be a decent season. Hopefully it will pick up steam now that they don't have to focus on Joey and Rachel, unless there are more twists they want to throw in there.

#2 of 9 Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,401 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 06:25 AM

While I realize Rachel and Joey couldn't be together for long since he has his spin-off coming up, this episode really annoyed me. I felt like the show couldn't even have the guts to let them sleep together because they feel that everyone wants Rachel and Ross back together. I totally didn't buy the "can't cross the line" mentality between Rachel and Joey. Posted Image

#3 of 9 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,334 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted October 10 2003 - 07:01 AM

Their pairing always seemed a little forced to me.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#4 of 9 SteveA

SteveA

Supporting Actor

• 701 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 07:25 AM

Quote:
I totally didn't buy the "can't cross the line" mentality between Rachel and Joey.

If I were Joey, I certainly could have crossed that line! Posted Image

#5 of 9 MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted October 10 2003 - 08:33 AM

I totally didn't buy the "can't cross the line" mentality between Rachel and Joey.

I bought it, in fact the whole storyline with them has been idiotic from the beginning. There's never been a shred of evidence that there was any attraction between them. I'm glad they ended that ridiculous plot before it went any further.

Ross's subplot this episode was great. I loved when he went back to the tanning place and there was a spray coming from each direction instead. Posted Image
/Mike

#6 of 9 Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted October 11 2003 - 01:59 AM

I actually begin to like this season. I’m starting to like Chandler and his jokes again and it has been a long time. Joey and Rachel’s scenes were YAAAKKK! Anytime they started to touch each other it felt like incest or something.

#7 of 9 Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,407 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, Canada

Posted October 11 2003 - 06:09 AM

When I was watching this, and last weeks episode. I kept getting a Larry David vibe from Chandler. He just seems to be always saying the wrong thing...I love it.
 "Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#8 of 9 Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted October 11 2003 - 09:40 AM

The tanning stuff reminded me too much of the teeth bleaching episode.
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#9 of 9 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,659 posts

Posted October 13 2003 - 12:58 AM

Overall, a zany episode. Russ's tanning exploits were pretty funny. Chandler's really putting his foot in his mouth this season. Amanda was amazingly self-unaware. Rachel's slapping reflex made for good laughs. Poor Joey, he and his boys never had a chance.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012