What's new

Why is it so hard to find the Warner Legends Collection? (1 Viewer)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I pre-ordered this set two weeks ago from Digital Eyes, usually a very reliable vendor. Much to my surprise, it never shipped and the status on their website now shows "Temp. Sold Out". I cancelled my order and hit the B&M stores this morning. Best Buy: no copies. Circuit City: no copies. Hastings: one copy "in transit", but they have no way of knowing when it'll arrive and they can't reserve it for me until it does.

What's up with this? Surely I'm not the only one within a 90-mile radius that would like to have the set! Anyone having any luck finding it?

Link Removed

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
My Amazon preorder also hasn't shipped. Amazon usually ships my preorders on Sunday or Monday of the release week. By comparison, my copy of Criterion's Devil & Daniel Webster shipped Sunday, and should be here either today or tomorrow.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Same as Paul here. On pre-order at Amazon for awhile, but still didn't ship.

BruceKimmel

Stunt Coordinator
For what it's worth, I was told by my local store (Laserblazer, in West LA) that they weren't receiving the box and that there was a problem with it. No further information was given them other than that by their supplier.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Well, we've seen reviews of all the individual movies, so if there is a problem it would probably be with the Warner documentary disc. Has *anybody* seen the box set yet?

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This is really frustrating.

For awhile it seemed like availability on classic movies was getting better, but it's really went down hill again lately.

I've had zero luck finding anyone stocking this boxset and have only found 1 online store that is stocking it.

I've been calling Borders every other day for the last 3 weeks about "Phantom of the Opera" and it's constantly "It'll be here in a few days". I finally just called and cancelled. They also got no copies of "Devil and Daniel Webster". I prefer picking up titles at B&M, but they apparently don't want my business.

It looks like it's back to online for all of my classic orders, but even them it is often hard to find a source that carries all titles and I end up having to split my order. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
My local Best Buy said it wasn't coming in until Oct. 14. And checking with Amazon.com the listing there says it will ship in 3 to 4 weeks. So I take it there's some kind of delay going on.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I was supposed to write about the seventh-disc documentary, but I couldn't because WHV PR didn't have it yet to send. It sounds like just a hold-up in the supply chain.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully some official word will come forth soon. I was REALLY looking forward to this set. :frowning:

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
For anybody else in the College Station area, let me know if you find anything out about availability. This was one I was looking forward to picking up.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Amazon must have received some of these in stock since my order shipped last night by UPS.

steve blake

Stunt Coordinator
well my order at play.com here in the uk has just went to packing mode,so it should be getting shipped in the next few hours.also on there site it now says in stock ships in 24 hours,and it wasnt saying that this morning.

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
I received the Legends SET for review yesterday. I just posted TTotSM review, although I haven't had a chance to view the WB Documentary "Here's Looking At You, Warner Bros."

Herb.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
My order has not shipped yet either, and the store I went to today didn't have it yet either. Nice to know I'm not the only one waiting for this.

Neil

William Miller

Second Unit
At 10:05 A.M., I was at Best Buy and they said "No Warner Legends" box set. I grabbed my Scarface box set, plopped the credit card down and dashed to the car.

I then went into emergency plan A. I called my wife on the cell phone and asked her to call the nearest Borders to see if they had the Warner box and they did and I scooted over there and picked it up along with the Christopher Lee Collection box set.

So I guess I am happy now if I can get over the fact that I spent $175 today on 3 DVD box sets.

I didn't even bother to ask Borders if they got the Criterion Devil and Daniel Webster in stock because I was trying to avoid the $200 mark in one day.

BarryS

Second Unit
along with the Christopher Lee Collection box set.
Is that the 4-disc set with two of the Lee Fu Manchu films, Circus of Fear and The Bloody Judge that you're referring to? Or is there more than one Christopher Lee box?

Off-topic... sorry.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Herb, is there any way you can do a quick look-over of the extra disc so that we can decide if we want to wait or not? I definitely want all three of the movies, but if the extra documentary is just a fluffy promotional piece then I would rather not wait until the box set comes out (which could be a while from the sound of it).

I certainly understand if you'd rather wait until you can do a full review, but I just thought I'd ask (can you tell I'm a little impatient about these :) )

Roderick Gauci

Stunt Coordinator
I pre-ordered the WARNER LEGENDS COLLECTION set a few days ago. When I checked its status today, it was listed as “On Order”. Curiously enough, in that same order, I had also included Disney's 2-Disc SE of THE LION KING (1994) which, although it should only street in two weeks' time, to my surprise, a copy was shipped to me four days ago!

There are already numerous online reviews for the three latest 2-Disc Warners sets, so I don’t know what the hangup is…and I only hope they will be in stock soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks