Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

About that new "E" news live anchor...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter

• 1,327 posts

Posted September 27 2003 - 07:49 AM

Remember when hottie Jules Asner (sp?) was on? Well, they this girl named Iguana...err...Guliana replacing her and I keep wondering, is there no one better? She looks like what we call in the medical field (especially in pediatrics) FLK....funny looking kid....meaning one who might have a syndrome due to the facial features. She is way out of her league.
What do u guys think?

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   MattGentry

MattGentry

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted September 27 2003 - 11:27 AM

Are you serious? She is an extremely attractive woman who can do very well in her respective field. I've seen her on the Donnie Osmond hosted "100,000 Pyramid" (or, whatever that show is) and she was very entertaining. While your opinion may very well be justifiable, in my eyes at least, she is just fine by me...

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason Adams

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor

• 631 posts

Posted September 28 2003 - 03:10 AM

I have been commenting that to myself for months! That chick has a weirdly shaped head. My sister told me, "Doesn't she look like she was teased in school?" Posted Image

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted September 28 2003 - 03:39 AM

might be a bad pic but she does look odd here.

http://www.eonline.c...e/giuliana.html

Posted Image
facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Screenwriter

• 2,065 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted September 28 2003 - 06:52 AM

So it wasn't just me thinking this...

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman

Screenwriter

• 2,714 posts

Posted September 28 2003 - 07:04 AM

So if she's not completely "perfect" looking then she must not continue to have a job on TV as an anchor, or at least be ridiculed?

Is that what some people are getting at? If so, shame on you!

Hell, I'd love to have someone even 3/4ths as attractive as her as a girlfriend! Posted Image

Dan

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Al Shing

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted September 28 2003 - 09:26 AM

Jules Asner is a tough act to follow. Wild On has still not recovered from her moving on from that show. Revealed must have been successful enough that Jules can leave her post with E! News Live. Jules probably wouldn't have any trouble making the jump to one of the major networks, perhaps on Good Morning America, or as the next Mary Hart on Entertainment Tonight.

I don't think the co-anchor position really needs someone with supermodel looks. It's just that Jules does have supermodel looks, so the precedent has been set. The postion does require someone with journalism in her background. Jules had journalism in her background, had a lot of TV experience, and got her start as an Elite model.

According to her bio, Giuliana also has some journalism in her background, and is probably more accomplished as a journalist than Jules. But she has never been a supermodel, so that comparison is always going to go in Jules' favor.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   GordonL

GordonL

Supporting Actor

• 771 posts

Posted September 28 2003 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
Jules Asner is a tough act to follow. Wild On has still not recovered from her moving on from that show.
Not a Brooke Burke fan, huh? Posted Image

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Bob-N

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

• 915 posts

Posted September 29 2003 - 05:30 AM

Oh, yeah, Brooke is haaaaaat! I think it Wild On may crap out w/o Brooke. Jules is amazing and one of my favs.

Only thing about Julianna for me is that her tongue looks too big for her mouth. Kinda the same way that guy from the Food Network, Jamie Oliver. Ok, so call me weird.

On another note, did anyone catch Teresa Strasser fill in for Julianna a few weeks ago? She did a good job. She's much more entertaining to watch than Julianna.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter

• 1,327 posts

Posted September 29 2003 - 03:40 PM

Forgive me if I have just stated my observations..and I apologize for the ridicule. But damm, I still wish Jules were still there. Always is nice to tune in to see a pretty face.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter

• 1,099 posts

Posted September 30 2003 - 03:17 AM

Yeah, she hasn't been my favorite. She is kinda odd looking, but in a hot way.
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

"Oh, come on, guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays!"

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   MichaelBryant

MichaelBryant

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted September 30 2003 - 05:11 AM

I can't stand Juliana. She is a terrible news anchor. My guess is that she must have slept with someone to get that position. Why else would someone choose her?

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted September 30 2003 - 08:52 AM

She looks good.

I don't find her ugly...She just is contoured a little differently. No problem at all.

Besides, that's a gorgeous smile she has.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

It's just my opinion.
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....