Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

front proj. and cable length and brand

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Shawn_MM

Shawn_MM

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted September 18 2003 - 07:58 AM

Hey, Im going to be working on my HT room starting in late Oct. and was wondering about cable length for a front projector. My main system will be at the front of the room under the screen, reasons dealing with my other cables (kimber kable in a bi-wire setup on the three front speakers). Q - How long can you run a component cable before getting some signal loss (if any???). The projected length should be 20 feet. Any opinions?? Q - What cable would you use?? Q - Should I mount the FP on the ceiling of put it on a stand bet. the chairs (would have a shorter cable run) Cheers

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted September 18 2003 - 09:53 AM

Component can run very long. My current setup is 33ft for component and s-video. How are you planning to run the video cabling, behind the walls? I pre-wired my room when the house was being built so I used PVC conduit and ran all my cabling through that.

There are various cables you can use. Mini BNC is a good choice to the more expensive component cabling (it contains 5 cables within the bundle... R, G, B, H and V)

I prefer a ceiling mounted projector and chose to go that route because I have 3 boys that have damaged the other 2 traditional TV's that I have. (They are much better now, the boys I mean) Posted Image
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Kimi-R

Kimi-R

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted September 18 2003 - 01:39 PM

Get the 25' AR Pro II from partsexpress(dot)com for $80.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users