What's new

Jedi Academy anyone? (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Anyone have this? I think it came out today. IGN gives it an 8.8, I believe.

I'm thinking of waiting for XBox, but ever since moving my PC to my living room (connected to my new TV), I'm increasingly interested in checking out the PC version.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I'll get it when I get the cash, which may or may not be this weekend. Hopefully it'll be more fun than the demo, Outcast was great.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
I downloaded the demo via LucasArts.

I have a pretty good performance PC/video card/memory and the game runs fine until I get into lightsaber duels or walk by walls/boxes with the lightsaber. At this point the framerate goes to slow-mo and its just a mess.

P4 - 2.4
GeForce4 Ti 4200 - 128MB
512 Ram

Wondering if anyone else has tried the demo and had the same problems. Didnt check to see if the demo was a beta or something but with the results I currently have I dont see myself buying this one.

Colin

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There was an earlier thread where some performance issues were discussed, Colin.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...highlight=jedi

As Romier suggested in that thread, turning off Dynamic Glow may help. From my experience, I believe there may be some kind of memory leak with the demo. On a fresh boot, after playing the game, it shows that I am using double my physical memory to play the game. Maybe that won't affect the full game.

James T

Screenwriter
I got it on Wednesday, but have only got around to playing the first 2 levels(excluding the intro). It feels more like an expansion, but I got it for the multiplayer, so I'm just practising

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Waiting for the XBOX. A 15" monitor, squeaky office chair and 2 channel sound through pc speakers are no match for a 57" Widescreen, 5.1 DD and a comfy couch.

Looks like it's Nov. 21 for me.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The Kevin Anderson novels? I don't think there is any relation beyond the setting. If I remember correctly, isn't Luke just starting to set up the academy in the books? If so, the game would take place a little afterwards. The academy is still small, but it is fairly established.

-Dave

NickC

Second Unit
I am enjoying academy more then outcast, I am loving this game so far, I guess I am about 15 missions in, maybe more...

I loved the level where you got to fight Boba Fett

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I'm enjoying it so far. Seems longer than outcast. I dislike the speeder level, though.

I learned an alternate saber style. Have I missed my chance to go dual sabers/saberstaff?

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I got the game for PC, and I play it on my widescreen TV in my living room. Because my play time is limited, I've only just finished the training missions.

I'm enjoying it more than Jedi Outcast also, because you get a lightsaber from the get-go.

Also, is it just me, or are there mentions of things from ancient star wars "history" that were in KOTOR?

After a rental, I may re-buy this for XBox and sell my PC copy off. I gotta admit, I dislike 3rd person controls with a keyboard and mouse.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Yeah, it has that Ragnos guy. And Korriban. Probably some other things that I don't remember. It also ties together with some novels, and even comics. Star Wars likes to do that.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Just got this today--seems like a lot of fun so far, though I've only made it through training and the level where you get to fight side-by-side with Chewbacca.

Really enjoy the aspect of choosing your own path adventure- and Force power-wise. I dunno if I'd view this as an actual sequel since it feels like a really elaborate expansion pack...but what fun it is! :)

BTW, the level that I'm on right now--where you have to find spare parts on Tatooine--is a blast since it seems to be a direct homage to one very beloved cult film. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks