Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF REVIEW: X2: X-Men United w/ Screenshots!! (VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 of 134 OFFLINE   Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 11:05 AM

#2 of 134 OFFLINE   Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers

Producer

• 3,481 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 11:09 AM

Nice review, it sounds like a great package. Pity it is still over 2 months away.
Top 10 Film Lists: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Film Lists: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

#3 of 134 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,380 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted September 08 2003 - 11:19 AM

wow, talk about thorough. nice going. nov 25th. is that thanksgiving week?
facebook.com/whotony

#4 of 134 OFFLINE   Thang_N.

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 11:23 AM

Great Review, has me drooling...

LOVED the MOVIE, can't wait for the DVD.

By the way Adam, how do you get the movie so soon? Sorry for my lame question. What happens if you don't send it back, but say you didPosted Image

#5 of 134 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 11:25 AM

My anticipation is definitely piqued! It's going to be hard waiting for this and TTT:EE.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#6 of 134 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,885 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 11:27 AM

Excellent news! Hopefully we won't see v 2.5 later next year. Posted Image

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#7 of 134 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 11:30 AM

Thank you so VERY much for the wonderful review and all of the AWESOME screenshots!!!

#8 of 134 OFFLINE   Steve K.H.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor

• 719 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 11:37 AM

[quote] I cannot possibly give a higher recommendation to get this DVD. SUPER-DUPER HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! [quote]

That's all good but seriously, tell us what you REALLY think of this film.
Posted Image

Awesome review... nice pictures... format spills out of the page for some reason though...

I really like your overall presentation.

This DVD just hit the must purchase list simply from your comments.Posted Image

Bluecruzer...
"The new phone books are here!!!..."

#9 of 134 OFFLINE   Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 11:45 AM

[quote] By the way Adam, how do you get the movie so soon? Sorry for my lame question. What happens if you don't send it back, but say you did [quote]

If it weren't for Ron, I probably would not have gotten this copy. According to Fox, they only sent out 10 screeners to the major websites. Ron sent a letter on my behalf to Fox. They said "Sure he can have a copy, but he'll have to send it back in 5 days like all the rest of them!" When I send the disks back, I am going to include a not BEGGING for them to send me the final product. I cant wait to get it back!

#10 of 134 OFFLINE   Adam_WM

Adam_WM

Screenwriter

• 1,626 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 12:05 PM

Can't wait!

#11 of 134 OFFLINE   Gary->dee

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

• 1,923 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 12:33 PM

Best. Review. Ever. Posted Image

Adam you went above and beyond for this review but since you say you're an X-Men fan, like myself, it's only right! You did this great movie justice, especially with the magnitude of screenshots. Posted Image Posted Image

Now, a message for Fox: FOR CHRISSAKES PLEASE MOVE THE R1 RELEASE DATE UP! Posted Image

(seems unlikely to happen but I had to vent my frustration)

#12 of 134 OFFLINE   Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 12:36 PM

Outstanding work, Adam! Sounds like one hell of a DVD. Fox is really hitting the nail on the head with some of their major releases.

#13 of 134 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 12:49 PM

Excellent review Adam! Looks like one of the best films of the summer is also going to be one of the best discs of the upcoming fall/winter season.Posted Image I really look forward to picking this one up.......in just over two months.Posted Image
Recently watched- Star Trek Into Darkness, Star Trek(2009), Game Of Thrones: Season 1, Vault Of Horror, Tales From The Crypt(1972), Paranormal Activity 3, The Purge: Anarchy, Speed, Oldboy(2013), Fright Night 3D(2011), Cosmopolis, Supernatural: Season 3, The Darkest Hour 3D, Scanners, Dracula Untold, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 3D

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Star Trek: Season 2, Band Of Brothers, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2

"Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self-serving, I shall simply say...Good luck."

#14 of 134 OFFLINE   Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor

• 765 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 01:01 PM

Well done Adam! I think we all appreciate your thoroughness in this review. You took on one heck of a job with this movie. Thank you Posted Image
Master Poe: Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Caine: I hear the water. I hear the birds.
Master Poe: Do you hear your own heart beat.
Caine: No.
Master Poe: Do you hear the grasshopper, which is at your feet.Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?Master Poe: Young man, how is it...

#15 of 134 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 01:16 PM

Great review. I will buy this sight unseen.
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"

#16 of 134 OFFLINE   Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,712 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 01:46 PM

Great review Adam. I need a 2nd job for November dvds alone: Finding Nemo, T3, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang-Special Edition, TTT:EE, X2!

#17 of 134 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 01:56 PM

screenshots look great and are much appreciated!
i had big concerns over the video aspect of the disc since this film didn' look as 'glossy' to me in the theater as the first one had, and the fact it was only 'super 35', as opposed to the true anamorphic of the first one.
the screenshots helped ease my anxiety a bit Posted Image.

i'm confused though about the audio- several reviewers have commented that they didn't feel the use of the surrounds was as aggressive or prominent as it could have been.
in the theater, the sound was the area i most took note of- it seemed that the surrounds were constantly and effectively in use throughout the film.
i was expecting this area to really shine on the disc.

extras sound nice but i'm more concerned about the a/v.

would have been nice to get it this week, but so much else is coming out between now and then (especially in Oct!) that the wait won't be so bad.

#18 of 134 OFFLINE   Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 02:13 PM

[quote] i'm confused though about the audio- several reviewers have commented that they didn't feel the use of the surrounds was as aggressive or prominent as it could have been. in the theater, the sound was the area i most took note of- it seemed that the surrounds were constantly and effectively in use throughout the film.
[quote]

Well Paul. I was so engaged in the movie that I concentrated more on video. I thought the audio was a perfect tho. Of course, EVERY movie could use more Surround Sound in my opinion!! If anything, I would have liked a tad more LFE! The audio was enough to where I didn't notice it NOT being there. I thought it stuck a very nice balance. Like I said, I will watch the movie one last time before I send it back, and try and comment on certain scenes. Just the amount of surround in the menus alone, blew me away. But you can tell the menus were mixed a few db's hot.

I also may have watched the movie in THX Ultra 2 and had all 4 rears going. That's how I may have noticed more rear info than others.

#19 of 134 OFFLINE   Adam_Reiter

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 02:16 PM

[quote] Best. Review. Ever. Posted Image [quote]

You know, I am just trying to keep up with David!! Posted Image

Hey, thanks a lot guys. I really appreiate comments like these.:b

I think the response from this review will determine the future effort I put into the BIG releases. It takes a god-awful long time to put up these "Big Un's" As long as you guys like them and get what you need out of them, I will try my best to keep them comming.

Thanx for your support. I am just glad I finally got a MAJOR release to stretch my legs on a bit. Posted Image

#20 of 134 OFFLINE   Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff

Screenwriter

• 2,860 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 02:55 PM

Superb review, Adam! It looks we may have a new demo disc(at least on the video side) this fall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users