What's new

NEW LINE-please put out MORTAL KOMBAT: SPECIAL EDITION (1 Viewer)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
New Line, 'Mortal Kombat' is one of the films that had a lasting impact on me when I was growing up. I saw it at least seven times at the theater, recommended it to friends, anything I could do to make it a hit. I rented it on VHS, bought it on VHS, rented it on laserdisc, and finally bought the DVD. But the DVD is not the best way to watch the film when it should have been. Your studio is, by all honesty, the best at video transfer, extras, just DVD in general. But 'Mortal Kombat' is non-anamorphic, and an average transfer at best. The only real extra is the theatrical trailer. Hardly the adequate treatment for a film that grossed over $70 million in box office alone.

Please just re-release the disc with a few extras, and a new anamorphic transfer. That's all I'm asking. There is a real legion of fand for this, believe me, and the current DVD is good but hardly the ultimate way to view the flim. To my knowledge this is the only DVD from you that is non-anamorphic and that's a shame since it was obviously a hit for you. Make a special edition and you'll satisfy many fans who would pick this up in a heartbeat.

PS I've heard rumors of 'Mortal Kombat 3: Domination' being filmmed, if that's the case, I'll be there opening day.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I second that, this is one of the first DVDs I bought and I agree that the transfer sucks on that one.

Anamorphic, with DTS would be greatly appreciated. Maybe an Infinifilm with hyperlinks to caps from the game or behind the scenes stuff would be good too.

BTW: Today is the film's 8th anniversary, it opened on August 18th 1995. I still remember that fateful day when I got up very early, got to the theater before it opened, was the first to buy a ticket to the first showing and sat front row!

And I also went to see it again at a second run theater a few months later, which at the time was a first for me.

Maybe the 3rd movie could bring a rerelease of the trilogy (I didn't buy the 2nd one simply because of the aweful transfer of the first, I did like the movie, not as much as the first though)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I too remembered the anniversary. Saw it that night at 4:15 at a theater nearby. I then saw it again the next day and several other times after that. The transfer for 'Mortal Kombat Annihilation' is a night and day difference compared to the first film and it's anamorphic to boot.

I don't expect an Infinifilm re-release but at very least a Platinum Title with an anamorphic transfer, DTS, audio commentary, and the behind-the scenes video from the Mortal Kombat: Animated Movie VHS.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Don't worry, Travis. I finally bought this one a few weeks ago (finally couldn't resist the low price of it). That pretty much assures a re-release within the next year. :)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
LOL, this one really does need a re-release though, definitely a special edition announcement I wouldn't groan over. I tried e-mailing a DVD suggestion to New Line from the form on their website but couldn't get it to work.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Talk about digging up an old topic but I'm still trying to find an address to e-mail New Line. Can someone help me out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks