What's new

HTF Fantasy Football Thread (semi-official) (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Howdy folks! It's football time in Tennessee..and everywhere else I suppose.

Here's to stirring up some interest in another year of fantasy football. I'd like to see if last year's owners were interested in continuing what we started. I'm not 100% clear on all the rules so I was hopingthat some of last year's folks could come in and refresh my memory.

Joel Mack was the commish and he said that we were going to do keepers after the Super Bowl but that never happened to my knowledge. People I remember being in last year;s league:

Me
Joel Mack
Seth Paxton
John Spencer
Paul Mcgowan
Stephen (L?)
Jerry Almedia
Mark Pfiffer
Kelley ?
Brian B

I can't ecall everyone, maybe I should do a search. :D
Anyhow, I'm throwing this out there to gauge interest.

I've got a few times already reserved on Yahoo's site just in case that turns out to be an issue.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Oh I'm definitely interested. This will be my fourth straight year of HTF FFL :)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Ah! Someone shows interest!

Here's the times that I have reserved for a league:

Aug 21, 8:35 pm CDT Thursday
Aug 29, 5:55 pm CDT Friday

I may be out of town on the 29th so I'm probably leaning towards the 21st. It also seems like a safer bet since it's not on a weekend and everyone will be around at that time.

At any rate, I'm up for further suggestions especially concerning scoring and such. For now, I've got the default settings for a Yahoo league in place.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I'll be in again, for sure. This will be my 3rd year in the HTF FFL. Looking forward to kicking some butt!! :D

Jerry
Chicago Carnage

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I would like to play this year if there is a spot open. One of my other leagues folded and am looking for a second league. Let me know.

Brandon

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I dominated* the HTF FFL II league last year, so I'm definitely ready to repeat my winning ways. We didn't plan for reforming or using keepers in the second league last year, so we may be more open for new members than the first league. Here is the list of last year's team owners that I can find

Alex-C
Brad Porter
Danny R
John Dhein
Dennis Reno
Dean DeMass
Justin Lane
Ross Williams

+4 others who I can't recall because the old website is gone and the HTF thread was chopped down to size.

Brad

*"dominated" = I had Clinton Portis at the end of the season and my opponent was suddenly without Priest Holmes.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
This year I will not be picking Kurt Warner in the first round. I had the second overall pick and he got hurt, what in the 2nd game. Anyway, it plagued me all season.

I will be out for revenge...mwhooohahahaha.

:angry:

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I was in the Joel Mack commissioner league that John mentioned and I'm interested in playing. If the keeper thing goes out the window, I don't mind.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Of course I was in Joel Mack's keeper league last year. Will play again. 4th straight year I've been involved. Although I think I had Faulk and McAllister, I wouldn't put up a fight if the keepers were trashed.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the keeper idea wasn't a good one. the 4-year-multiple-keeper thing was way too much. Besdies it was tacked on after the draft i think. At any rate, it wasn't ironed out with everyone so it probably will fall to the wayside.

And just for kicks, I had Owens and a few others that would've made excellent keepers too; Porter and Shipp weren't picked in the draft so they would've only taken up my last 2 draft slots.

I guess what we need to do now is get an idea of what type of league everyone would enjoy. How many owners? We had 12 last year and the talent pool was just about right. If it went to 16, it would be too thin, especially at RB. It was pretty bad last year with 12 owners..

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I think you should give them the league password and # John.

I really did like the WR/RB option we had.

and IMO 14 would be just perfect for football, top 8 to playoffs. head to head. team defense, standard scoring. 6 points for a td, 1 point for 20? yards rushing/receiving, 1 point for 50 yards passing. 6 points for TD scored, no matter who gets it. Same D scoring as last year, whatever it was...

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I decided to use that Thursday slot for another league. Now, there's an opening on Sunday August 10th. I'm wondering why some of last year's players haven't chimed in yet.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I missed out last year, but am definitely interested. Send all details this way :)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Edit: updated to reflect follow-up posts

Doing some detective work on the old threads, here are last year's leagues (bold have already responded in this thread)

HTF League I:
River City Bungles (Joel Mack)
Tropical Robots (Mark Pfeiffer)
Jackson Rednecks (John Spencer)
Springfield Isotopes (John Thomas)
AutoBahn (Brian Alexander)
Tulsa machineXsoul (Kelley B)
Calgary Hitmen (Paul McGowan)
Chicago Carnage (Jerry Almeida)
HellToupee (Stephen L)
Irving Claymores (BrianB)
Indy Jedi Knights (Seth Paxton)
SB Bound (BryanZ)

HTF League II:
Kroft Superstars (Alex-C)
Instant Replay Hoods (Brad Porter)
Shawshank Redemptors (Danny R)
Keyzer Soze Slayers (John Dhein)
Mordor Ringwraiths (Dean DeMass)
JDL Squad (Justin Lane)
Mother Punchers (Ross Williams)
Frontal LeBeautomy (David Lawson)
Brett's Squad (Brett Hancock)
Brandon_T
Chris
Doug R (

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks