-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Terminator 3 DVD Release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#1 of 71 Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted July 01 2003 - 07:15 PM

The DVD is set to come out on November 18th According
to Dark Horizons taken from Davis DVD. It looks
like November is going to be a expensive month.

-Mike

#2 of 71 Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,071 posts

Posted July 01 2003 - 07:41 PM

mmmmmmm

Indian Jones Trillogy
Lord Of The Rings Two Towers

and now Terminator 3 Posted Image

I really hope they keep a dts track on this Posted Image
Especially since both 1 and 2 where released in dts.

I agree its shaping up to be an expensive month in deed
Posted Image
Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose & LG!

#3 of 71 Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted July 01 2003 - 09:55 PM

Quote:
I really hope they keep a dts track on this
Especially since both 1 and 2 where released in dts.

I thought only T2 Ultimate Edition from Artisan had DTS whereas the original Terminator from MGM just has DD 5.1 ?

Also T3 is a Warner release in the US so unlikely to get DTS whereas in Europe its Columbia so may well get DTS but then only on a later Superbit version, after they've sold the original SE.

#4 of 71 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 02:45 AM

T1 is having a DTS release in Japan

#5 of 71 Quint van der Vaart

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit

• 336 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 03:03 AM

I highly doubt that Terminator 3 will have a dts track in region 01 since it is being released by Warner.

Region 02 could be a possibility because Columbia Tristar is releasing it.
Maybe as a Superbit ???

Greetz,
"So Dark The Con Of Man"

The Da Vinci Code opening Worldwide on May 19th 2006

#6 of 71 Travis_W

Travis_W

Supporting Actor

• 531 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 04:13 AM

Saw Terminator 3 last night. It wasn't as good as T2 but who expected it to be? Good film with a great twist ending. Definitely be picking up LOTR: TTT EE and this on November 18th.

As stated above I wouldn't expect a DTS release either since Warner said in the last chat they none of their discs would support it.
I am Jack's empty signature bar.

#7 of 71 RichD

RichD

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 04:36 AM

I saw T3 as well and agree with the above comments. Posted Image

It has so much senseless destruction that anything less than a reference quality DVD would be a crime. Posted Image Please, don't EE it to death like the T2-Ultimate Edition. (Haven't seen the latest T2-EE release)

#8 of 71 Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

• 1,007 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 05:06 AM

Quote:
Please, don't EE it to death like the T2-Ultimate Edition. (Haven't seen the latest T2-EE release)

Posted Image Mmmmm, Extreme Edition T2..... Posted Image

If you are at all a fan of T2, you owe it to yourself to get the new version! Granted, the new supplements are light, but the transfer is simply awe inspiring! And the DD-EX track (properly flagged this time) is great! I really don't miss the DTS when watching this disc!

#9 of 71 Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,071 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 05:30 AM

Hey Malcolm,

No Artisian did include a DTS-ES as well as the DD-EX track on the Ultimate Edition thats why I purchased it Posted Image . Also Terminator 1 was rereleased in DTS and I plan to buy that before it is discontinued. And if Terminator 3 is not released in DTS, dam you Warner. And like Biff said in BTTF, Butheads.
Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose & LG!

#10 of 71 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 06:04 AM

that is good news about T3, us UKers have to wait for another 3 weeks

doh

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#11 of 71 Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman

Screenwriter

• 2,714 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 08:19 AM

When was T1 re-released with DTS?? Me wants!!

Dan

#12 of 71 Quint van der Vaart

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit

• 336 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 09:20 AM

Terminator 1 is released in Japan with DTS sound and not in the US.
"So Dark The Con Of Man"

The Da Vinci Code opening Worldwide on May 19th 2006

#13 of 71 JoshB

JoshB

Supporting Actor

• 901 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 09:56 AM

Just saw T3. The chase scene through LA in the movie pretty much destroys more property than any other action film in recent memory, certainly more than the previous two Terminator movies combined X 10. and would make a fine addition to any home theater. It beign a Warner release, we can expect 5.1 DD-EX at best, and of course, the Snapper along with it. It will hardly be the DVD release T2 was(either the Extreme in terms of A/V quality or the Ultimate, in terms of overall quality)
"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men."

Operation Iraqi Freedom Campaign Veteran, 06-08.
Operation Iraqi Freedom Campaign Veteran, 09-10.

Operation Enduring Freedom Campaign Veteran, 12-13.

#14 of 71 Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

• 1,348 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 10:12 AM

Quote:
It will hardly be the DVD release T2 was(either the Extreme in terms of A/V quality or the Ultimate, in terms of overall quality)

So you've already seen the T3 DVD, then?
Randy A. Salas
DVD Columnist & Feature Writer
Minneapolis Star Tribune daily newspaper

#15 of 71 JoshB

JoshB

Supporting Actor

• 901 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 11:07 AM

Quote:
So you've already seen the T3 DVD, then?

Yup, holding it in my hand right now. Well face it, this being Warner Bros., they haven't yet, at least to me, been able to offer a DVD that excels in the supplement, audio, video, and other DVD feature department. Add to that the snapper case, and look what you get. Even with blockbuster like the Harry Potter movies, their DVDs still don't hold up to the standards that other studios have set, even Warners neighbor New Line. But that in itself is completely another issue. Since they aren't going to support DTS, the DVD will not be able to sport the best possible audio. I'm sure the DVD will certainly impress when it comes out, but to even compare to something like the T2: UE is another matter. Only a few DVDs have met or exceeded that releases groundbreaking aspects i nthe format. T3 would have to surpass that in order to be considered. Yes, it hasn't come out yet, but I think enough proof is their to make a proper judgment about what to expect. What DVDs from Warner have impressed you in terms of audio, video and supplements that would surpass T2: UE or even the EE? Warner hasn't done it yet, and it isn't on the foreseeable horizon.

#16 of 71 Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 11:12 AM

I agree completely with Josh on this. I don't even recall Warner releasing a 2-disc special edition for a new release.

That snapper case is a nuisance as well. Whenever I see a Warner movie in the theater that I want to own on DVD that's the first thing that goes through my mind.

#17 of 71 Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 11:13 AM

Quote:
Since they aren't going to support DTS, the DVD will not be able to sport the best possible audio.

Can open. Worms everywhere.
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"

#18 of 71 Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 11:32 AM

Quote:
Billl J wrote:
I don't even recall Warner releasing a 2-disc special edition for a new release

The Harry Potter discs are 2-disc editions, and I'd assume there are many others.
Kyle McKnight

#19 of 71 JoshB

JoshB

Supporting Actor

• 901 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 12:00 PM

OK, I take back what I said about DTS, saying that it will have the best possible audio available. I shouldn't go around talking DTS being or better or not. Thats how wars get started. I am by no means knocking Warner at all over their DVD releases. I own quite a few of their titles, and some have excellant audio and video. Their transfers are among the best I have seen before. I'm just saying they have not taken advantage of the format and embraced it as other studios have done. They have been only a few 2-Disc new releases that I can recall, both being HP. The rest have been re-releases of catalog titles(Unforgiven, The Right Stuff, True Romance, etc). T3 has just has theaters, and perhaps depending upon the box office results will we know how good a release the DVD will be. Of course, this is by no means certain, since many get a great treatment regardless of box office receipts. The film is among the most expensive Warner has ever put out($135 million approved budget) and several of this years much hyped mega-films have under performed their studios expectations(Hulk, Matrix Reloaded, Charlie's Angels) and T3 is perhaps the last big hit of the summer that has been anticipated. Summer is half way over after the 4th of July, and then its Thanksgivng and X-Mas.

Oh yea, back to the DVD. Since its run time is less than 2 hours, we may only get a single disc release, with just your basic set of features much like Warners other releases. HP is geared more towards kids, much like the supplements and to me, underwhelmed in the aduio/video dept. Maybe their thought will change with this release, but I'm not placing any bets just yet.

#20 of 71 Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,241 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 12:04 PM

It better be a 2-disc...and I want an Ahnuld commentary...cant wait...this movie owns!

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow