Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I need a new DVD player...suggestions...? I have concerns thou!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Seven Araujo

Seven Araujo

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted June 14 2003 - 01:09 PM

Ok heres what im looking for something with Dolby digital and DTS(digital would be nice but coax is ok...as long as they both sound as good...thou some suggestions there might help because my kenwood 6070 only has 2 optical inputs and my directivo and HDTV reciever use both of em...suggestions?=)) It needs to play back DVD-r!I have countless home movies backed into dvd-r including last weeks christening of my daughter!This stuff is important!if i ever go the way of backing up my dvd's (I actually own them =/) i'd like to be able to play them!Dont want to ruin my army of darkness and LSOH dvd's=p anyway im looking for a great picture too...My HDTV ready samsung and my Front projector would use this so any suggestions?Anything i can find at best buy or something?Anyone selling anything?let me know=) thanks!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted June 14 2003 - 06:19 PM

Check out the Toshiba players, they play all of my DVD-Rs without any problems.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Cathy

Cathy

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted June 15 2003 - 04:22 PM

Hi there!

Speaking of Toshibas, I have an SD-4800. I got it at Best Buy for $99 or so, which is an excellent price for pro-scan. I think they're clearancing them out or something. It's a good budget DVD player with DD/DTS capabilities. I've read on www.Audioreviews.com that it locks up when playing DVD-Rs, but I can't confirm that. Check it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users