What's new

The 2003 MTV Movie Awards (1 Viewer)

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Well another year and another award show.
Couple of the highlights for me had to be Will Ferrel's architect, Gollum's acceptance speech (Peter Jackson is a HACK and MTV Sucks, we hates you all), the animation was kind of fun with the super hero motif. Ashton Kutchers expression when the Tatu dancers ripped their clothes off, Elijah Wood mouthing "that was fucking awesome" regarding Gollums acceptance speech, the Ass consultant for Charlies Angels. A couple of bright moments in an otherwise average MTV awards show.

Lowlights - Yoda (ugh) how embarrasing IMHO
- Eminem (Crank Yankers spoof acceptance)
- 50 Cent performance
- Harrison Ford - talk about looking uncomfortable
- Justin Timberlake
If you missed it I think MTV has plans to rerun it about 1000 times.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Hey Chuck, if you want to see it on the tube it is in the last half hour to forty minutes of the show.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Thanks for the help. I did check it out online, but I might want to see the hotties. I can only take MTV nn doses though. It'll be on 24/7 this week.

Take care (and thanks),
Chuck

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I only caught a bit of this last night. I did catch the Ass Consultant for Charlie's Angels and thought that was pretty funny.

- 50 Cent performance
I had to change the channel when this was on. Total garbage. Do people really buy these CDs?

Joel C

Screenwriter
Yes. Million and millions of them. It's good if you like rap, I guess.

I hope the Matrix parody winds up on the DVD ala the LOTR sketch from last year. I wouldn't mind seeing the "ass consultant" bit again either.

Gregory E

Second Unit
Gollum's acceptance speech was the funniest thing ever! Hopefully it'll be on the Two Towers Extended Edition....

Van Patton

Second Unit
50 Cent ISN'T rap. That ignorant fool is just a tool for the big record companies. Real rap is Jurassic 5 and some others. I love that silly story about how he got shot several times in the face. Riiiiiiiiight...

Robin Warren

Second Unit
I could see that acceptance speech by Gollum making it's way to the Two Towers DVD. Hopefully they will have both a censored and an uncensored version.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Gollum's acceptance speech was sheer brilliance! :D

50 Cent ISN'T rap. That ignorant fool is just a tool for the big record companies. Real rap is Jurassic 5 and some others. I love that silly story about how he got shot several times in the face. Riiiiiiiiight...
Jurassic 5 and "some others" are really good. 50 Cent's performances always sound like he's dying from the flu or something, so his performance wasn't all that. Although his most recent release was waaaaay overhyped, try and find his EP "Power of the Dollar" to hear hard hits which show why he deserved so much respect in the industry in the first place. Yeah, and I guess getting shot in the face only once instead of all nine times isn't quite as cool. :rolleyes:This kinda reminds me of Jeff Kleist's comment a while's back about Eminem, though I'd hardly put 50 Cent and his mentor on the same level. :)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Yes. Million and millions of them. It's good if you like rap, I guess.
As a fan of rap (and many other forms of music), I would have to say that 50 cent's performance was absolutely terrible. There was no point. There was no energy. Total trash. It would be rare for me to attend most rap concerts because all it would be is more of the same.

I actually did not care for any of the other performers either. Pink was dreadful, TATU was over the top, blatantly political and quite repetitive (I hope that song has more lyrics than that). And "so what" if the girls stripped down to 'beaters and panties...... I also hope Eminem gets them for stealing his Slim Shady MTV performance idea like he roasted Mariah Carey during his acceptance speech. If anyone else performed I don't remember their performance which lets you know what I thought about it.

As a whole the theme for this award show was great. The Matrix-esque intro skit got me hooked. However, the show's execution was trickle down poor. As you looked at the audience did it seem as though anyone even wanted to really be there?

An absolute waste of 2+ hours of my life. Well maybe not the first 10 minutes.

djb

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Vince Vaughn as the Ass Wrangler was inspired stuff...and I'll never complain about 200 kissing female dancers - but man oh man was this show bad.

And how is the Gollum acceptance speech "great" while the Yoda one was "embarassing"? I thought they were both pretty awful!

15% entertainment, 85% advertisement...but I'll watch next year too. :D

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Kirsten Dunst was looking just fine as was Jennifer Garner.
Kirsten was definitely the cuter of the two. It was pretty funny when she got up on stage and said she thought Jake Gyllenhaal was her favorite kisser, especially since he looks pretty similar to Tobey Maguire. The Gollum acceptance speech was pretty funny, and no doubt it'll be on one of the Two Towers sets. The question is, will it be unbleeped? I think there would be some concern over the "Dobby is a fu**ing f**" line. Regardless, it was pretty funny. WETA Digital certainly has a better sense of style than ILM.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The show was horrible. The skits were unfunny, and the jokes from onstage were awful too. What was funny about the Gollum speech? That he said "fBLEEPk"?

The worst MTV Movie Awards I've seen.

/Mike

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Either this was an awful show or I've crossed an age threshold where I'm no longer able to appreciate new, pop culture.

Also, count me in the camp where I couldn't see all the hype surrounding 50 cent (or 'fiddy' cent, as Sharon coined it). After the show, many of the celebrity interviewees raved that their favorite performance was 50. WTF?! The performer I saw was monotone and the production value looked cheap.

So I'll concede that I'm getting old, but could someone from a younger perspective (

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
What was with Kirsten Dunst? She seemed a little tipsy to me.
She has always come off to me as being a little ditzy. So it didn't look anything out of the ordinary. It could just be she was having a great time. Some people tend to act really loopy when that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks